Wednesday, February 9, 2022

FINALLY

 I had been nagging and whining about the back deck since Christmas.  A lot of stuff was happening over Xmas and the deck got used.  Recycling, garbage, empty liquor bottles, beer bottles and cans, pop cans and fridge stuff...it was certainly cold enough to keep stuff frozen when we ran out of room in the freezer.  And we used about four coolers.  Needless to say the real mess from xmas happened on the deck.

I don't see all that well, depth perception up close etc..., so I need help getting stuff up and down stairs.  Well, Monte wasn't too interested in cleaning it up out there.  Even after seeing the odd rat having a heyday, chewing holes in the bottom of the compost bags didn't spur him to activity. The garbage that accumulated and especially the recycling went far beyond our every two week pickup.  This def called for a dump run or two.  And he just didn't help.

So a couple of days ago Graeme and I started in and we got it all organized.  We did have one rat encounter.  We were adjusting the cover on the bbq.  The wind constantly twists it around.  And a rat suddenly ran out from under it and around the perimeter of the deck and disappeared.  Poor Graeme! I let out a holler and grabbed him and freaked.  Jeez! I hate sudden encounters with them!!!!

When Monte got up he pulled on his boots and the boys took it all to the dump and dropped the bags and bags of cans off at Ange's for Misha who lives above her.  They also took my defunct red chair.  Feels so much better out there now.  But now I have to nag again to get Monte to fire up the bbq and cook that little sucker out of it.  Jeez!  Excitement on the Homefront!

Today I am moving a whole lotta stuff out of my overstuffed awesome purple room/bedroom into the spare room. My chair will be arriving some day soon here and there is a lot of stuff that will impede it's progress into the corner of my room.  I can't wait!!!  Then I shall move everything back.  I love my room.

Well it's curry day.  Subjit.  Gee I wish I knew how to spell that word.  COOKIE!!!!! You know how...text it to me!!!!!  Today it is potato and carrot and instead of roti I shall be using up half a bag of whole wheat tortilla rounds, heated and buttered.  I am missing a couple of spice things that I normally use so I shall be improvising a little, my fave thing to do.  I have a little Major Grey chutney left to go with it.  

We have a fast food place here called Granny's Chicken.  They are a very eclectic restaurant that delivers, pretty much all day and all night every day of the week...which is absolutely unheard of in this flakey town.  They make chicken, pizza, pastas, hamburgers, wraps, curries (they are East Indian owners...and Gramma does the cooking) and the most fantastic amazing samosas you ever ate.  She makes both beef and veggie.  I think I shall order a few meat ones for the guys and veggie ones for me.  Sooooo good!

Well I have descended into food chat so that is my signal it is sign off time.  Have a great day, stay as safe as possible without wrecking your life LOL!! and TTYL

Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where, it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.

— Fran Lebowitz


No comments:

Post a Comment