Monday, February 7, 2022

TRAVEL

 You know I was thinking that covid was keeping me from planning to travel.  But when I gave it a little more thought I realized that covid is only part of it, the smallest part.  The real reason, the main one, is I have no partner.  I know, even with covid, if Bill were alive we would definitely be travelling this year.  I am not complaining.  Thanks to him I have been almost everywhere except South Africa and South America.  

I saw an email this morning that showed my sister currently in Mexico.  Now, I am not necessarily jealous of that as I am not a Mexican resort fan.  Way too much sitting around on beaches or at pools which really isn't my schtick.  I prefer movement, either by car, bus or cruise ship.  I like something new every day.  But I am envious that she is NOT stuck at home in Kamloops!  And in April they are going to New York which is an awesome place.  Unfortunately it's in a country I am determined to avoid, at least for now.

I really want to make a road trip to either Prince Rupert or Northern Alberta.  But it isn't exactly a trip I want to make by myself and Monte isn't really interested.  Maybe I will see if Anne would like to go with me.  When she and I went to Cranbrook a few years ago we had a total blast!  I shall get hold of her and see what she says.  I would ask Cookie, my first choice but I think she is busy with grandchildren.  I shall ask.  I can see us now, tripping along, stopping at little iffy motels, playing nine hole golf on rickety old motel tables.....Let's go Cook!!!!

 That song "I Gotta Get Out Of This Place"by the only man I would marry is running through my head.  After years of doing three major month long trips and long long stays in Maui every year, this is abnormal!!!!

Well guess what brokenly went over the railing on the back deck, waiting to be thrown into the truck and taken on the next dump run?  My red recliner.  And another one bites the dust.  This is the second red rocker to bite the dust in four years.  You get what you pay for.  Clearly.  Cheap chairs.  But thats okay, I hated the colour of it.  It just froze one day.  It wouldn't go forward.  It wouldn't go back.  And it froze in a most awkward position.  It was hard for Toony to get out of it.  Hahahaha!!!!  I love you Toony.

I try really hard to keep politics out of this.  It's kind of not what this thing here is about. But....I am going to make a little statement here, not a rant, but a statement about what is going on in Ottawa.  I ask, if we can't control a bunch of neanderthal TRUCK DRIVERS, and professional protesters, and hooligans and a Texas governor who states he wants to bring down the Canadian government, then we asked for it.  How wimpy and ridiculous is our country?  A tiny majority of this country, with the aid of protesting idiots from the states, is holding us hostage.  I am with Americans on this one...get the military out and put the run, however it be done, on them and get them GONE.  Put a call out for all firemen to come, turn their hoses on them...they will go.  But to hide in your little palace and whine about not being able to enforce anything is reprehensible.  He has covid.  Go walk amongst them.  Watch them scatter.  I know one thing.  I will NOT be voting for the wimp again, no matter how awful the conservative guy may be.  It is no longer a protest.  It's terrorism.

You know there isn't a Canadian alive that isn't unhappy with covid and mandates and vaccines.  Out of the 38 million people, every single one of them is at the end of their rope.  But it's only the ones with the self discipline of two year olds that are stamping their feet and crying and having a tantrum about it. Oh, and let's not forget bullying the health care employees....you know the people they will go running to if they get a booboo. And they constitute a teeny teeny tiny amount of the Canadian population.  I have heard the experts correlate this current bad behaviour with people with low IQs.  I agree.  Sorry, not sorry, it did turn into a rant.  Rant over.

Well I think that's it for today.  I spent a small amount of time this morning planning tonight's supper.  I am kind of careful about mentioning that. 

 A certain person, many years ago, made mention how much time I spend planning food.  Apparently I should just let it happen.  I forgive that person for saying that because I know that no one understands how much joy I get thinking about, planning and executing a necessary meal.  I don't think people that absolutely have nothing to do with the eating part of life know how much goes into the planning, shopping, keeping peoples allergies or dislikes or lifestyles in mind, how much to make etc...all going into feeding people.  And I am talking about feeding them tasty healthy food, not processed or slapped together.  I guess you don't HAVE to plan but I totally enjoy that part so why not do it?

I find the harder the group to feed is to satisfy, the happier I am.  One time years ago before our house burnt down, I had quite a few for dinner.  The group included a celiac, vegetarians, vegans, raw, Atkins and picky. I made baked potatoes, vegan chilli, regular chilli, a massive Caesar salad with veganaise and mayonnaise home made dressings with home made bagel croutons, some with butter and garlic and some with vegan margarine and garlic.  For dessert there was chocolate wacky cake, which is vegan with vegan icing.  The one celiac got a bowl of fresh fruit salad with whipping cream.  Mmmmm I am getting hungry!!!!  Time to quit.  TTYL

This quote says it all.

AND AS USUAL BLOGSPOT PUT THE PIC IN THE WRONG SPOT.  THIS IS THE CLOSEST I SHALL EVER GET TO TOM SELLECK

'During the Vietnam War, every respectable artist in this country was against the war.  It was like a laser beam.  We were all aimed in the same direction.  The power of this weapon turns out to be that of a custard pie dropped from a stepladder six feet high."  Kurt Vonnegut 






  


1 comment:

  1. Neanderthals doesn't even begin to describe it. All your descriptions are spot on except that our local idiots drive around with Confederate flags in their trucks (most of us consider them traitors since the Confederacy lasted all of 4 years and waged war against their Government) or wear tinfoil hats....

    ReplyDelete