Friday, February 4, 2022

STRUGGLING

 I hate to admit this but I am struggling a little bit.  It isn't in my nature really to be 'down', but I find I am. A good part of it is covid of course.  I hate this constant lurking threat.  We have managed to avoid getting it so far because we go absolutely nowhere, see absolutely no-one and even put our masks on to answer the mailman's knock at the door.  And from what I am hearing now covid in all it's glory is going to be here for years.  So living safe isn't an option. At least not in my lifetime.  And it gets anxiety causing to face imminent illness and a good possibility of death on an ongoing daily basis.  Normally I am the type to just motor on, mind over matter but this time I can't.  And I do not know how to live sunk into this awfulness.  I see I am going to have to just get up at some point go forth, covid be damned.  If I get it and die well then I get it and die.  But before I cavalierly do that I need to get my ducks in a row.  A trip to a lawyer is the first necessity.

It's really awesome having Graeme here.  He is a lovely distraction, and distract he does!!!  He's such a sweetie.  He is a very easy house guest.  And soon Ange will be living here as well.  But I must admit that with Ange, could very well come covid.  If so then it just does.  So before she moves in I must get all my business in order. Clearly I don't think I am ready to rainbow bridge it yet.

I have nothing to report.  Nothing has happened.  So I will, knowing I am doing it, with apologies, tell you about the odd dinner that turned out not too too  bad that I made tonight.

I had four portobellos in the fridge.  So after much thought in the middle of the night, I came up with this.  I made potatoes then mashed them with a pretty good amount of sour cream.  Before that I had fried up crispy bacon and broken it into pieces.  Tiny diced onion fried and cut up a container of mushrooms...and fried them...all in the bacon fat.  I added those to the mashed potatoes along with a goodly amount of Montreal spice.  At the end I used up a container of cream cheese as well.  I cooked the portobellos first, after cleaning off the lungs.  Then I piled the potatoes high on top of each one and baked on a high heat.  They were delicious!!!  I served it with coleslaw and spinach, the way Carmine's in New York makes it.  Barely wokked, fifteem garlic cloves, and squeezed lemon over the top.  I baked bread today but I don't think they are eating bread with this meal.  There.  Food talk.  Sorry about that but seriously....

One thing I can mention, again, is the rat on the back deck.  I just cannot bring myself to go out there and dig into what needs to be done.  I am not totally phobic about rats but if one jumps out unexpectedly I shall have a heart attack.  But tomorrow for sure that frigging deck is going to get cleaned.  And then we tackle the watered down shed.  Sigh.  At least its a distraction!

Thats it folks.  Be happy, stay safe and TTYL




1 comment:

  1. I hear you....Its disheartening. My mother in law passed away last week (not Covid) and we got 30 minutes in an outdoor gazebo with her casket on a wheeled carrier. Only immediate family and a pair of her friends. We could not hug anyone , especially the young nephew and his wife who refuse to be vaccinated, consider Covid "the flu" that the government is using to control us (eye roll) and just got over having the virus. EVERYONE avoided those two. We had to have a picnic in the freezing cold in a park afterward because no one wanted to be at a restaurant eating with those two. So my mother in law's entire life was reduced to 29 1/2 chilly minutes with no music and 4 relatives speaking about her. THIS SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete