Thursday, February 24, 2022

SPOKE TOO SOON

Peace will reign.  That is what I said in the last post.  Boy was I wrong.  Thank you very much Putin.  What an awful little (he is tiny) man and typical of tiny little men, he tries to make up for it by being a bully.

  I don't know which is the worst world citizen, Russia or China.  I would be horrendously ashamed if I came from either country. One country sent a troop of armed men into a country that isn't theirs and started killing.  The other country sent an army of invisible living things out into the entire world and started killing.  I don't know which is worse.  I do understand that I am NOT referring to all the amazing wonderful citizens in those countries.  It is the actual country policies and actions I would be ashamed of.  One wants to be proud of their country's decisions and standards.  Neither of these two countries offer that to their population.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but I decided to put a rustic wall across the big opening into Ange's area from the laundry room.  Mostly for her own privacy but also equally important, to keep the cats out of the laundry room.  I am sure they are well behaved animals but the young one is male and not fixed so that could be a smelly problem and I can just see all our clothes starting to smell like cat p.  I hate that smell.  Plus no matter how careful cat owners are, their place still smells like cats.  When Bill and I used to go into houses when we were working we could always immediately tell if there were cats in the house.  It kind of makes sense...our dog smelled bad lots of times.  I just prefer dog odour to cat odour.

I put a call in to Aryn, my own personal fixer, and of course she called someone who called someone and lo and behold within a very short time she gave me a name and number!  I called, he came, gave an estimate, is coming back Monday, and putting up a wall....for very little money! He also hauls junk!  That might end up being more important than his building skills!

Warning:  Food Talk....you can skip this part if you want.  I just can't help myself.

Last night was a belated taco Tuesday night.  On Tuesday we made a trip to Nanaimo to pick up a fifty dollar dresser from a home.  I found it on Marketplace and Monte is desperately needing a really wide (to fit his snake tank) dresser.  It weighed a ton, solid oak.  The lady was going to be late so we took advantage of that to hit up Wendy's.  OMG!!!!  What a treat for us poor deprived Port Albernians!!!!But because we didn't get home til 7 and we were stuffed, tacos were out of the question.

Taco time was moved to last night.  I fried up the hamburger, onion, jalapeño, pimento, tomato paste, taco seasoning, garlic, pickle juice, chopped up pickled peppers.  Then I heated up the refried beans with tomato paste, garlic, taco seasoning, and pickle juice.  Those mixtures are so much more tasty than the plain versions I made at first.  I am NOT a taco person whatsoever.  It's all new to me.  I am reading about tacos.  Who knew there are so many versions!!  I shall start branching out and experimenting!

Well, I am jonesing for a coffee.  Today is a Milly day.  I hear her out there busy vacuuming. I, as usual, am hiding out in my room.  The guy that came today to give the estimate didn't have a mask on, and mine wasn't to be found.  I think its in the truck.  So I stayed away from him as much as possible.  It's so stupid to stay so careful for weeks then in one little moment it all goes out the window.  I am having a really hard time giving a hoot anymore.  If I get it I get it.

That's it for today folks.  Stay safe and I hope to see some of you soon!!!  TTYL. here are a couple of pics that most have seen on Facebook


HEAR HEAR

LOOKING INTO ANGE'S AREA...CHAIRS WAITING TO GO ELSEWHERE

MY NEW CHAIR IN MY PURPLE ROOM, I AM WRITING THIS RIGHT THERE RIGHT NOW!


LOOKING THE OTHER WAY INTO A VERY DISORGANIZED LAUNDRY ROOM.  THIS IS WHERE THE WALL IS GOING 




ON OUR WAY TO NANAIMO...OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY




No comments:

Post a Comment