Sunday, February 20, 2022

SIXTY BUCKS WASTED

 I have a box of mom's slides...our life in pictures.  they need to be digitized.  But in this day and age of tech technology, they haven't figured out how to do that inexpensively.  When I first looked into it, it was around 2.50 per slide.  Over the years the price has very slowly come down.  

A year or so ago I snagged the box of slides back from my brother and ordered a slide viewer light box.  I needed to sort out the must prints from the save for later prints.  Mom was prone to taking lots of flower pics, so one day maybe I can make up an album of her flower prints.  It wasn't long before I discovered an insurmountable problem.  The pictures are still too small!  I can't tell who or what I am looking at half the time!  I can just see me paying for prints just to find out a bunch are of either someone we don't like (see mom!  I didn't use the word hate!) or, people only mom would know who they are!  Sixty bucks for a useless viewfinder!

I did find a reasonable place to get them onto thumb drives though.  There was an ad in our local classifieds on Facebook.  He is an older gentlemen that will do it for ten cents per picture.  And I think I am going to not sort them.  I just made that decision now.  I am going to get them all done.  I think I am just going to hand the box over to him, get them all done.  I will then sort them into Kathy, Stan, Helen, landscape, miscellaneous files.  It just makes sense.  I don't want to leave any out just in case.  But then when he sees 2500 slides land on his doorstep he may have a heart attack and reject the project.  I hope not.

It is a glorious day outside today.  Last night Monte said he would take me out for one of our outings.  We haven't had one in forever and I think (hope) ToonyKoot understands when we abandon him.  And....it is now a few hours since typing that, Monte is sick.  He isn't feeling right as he puts it.  He needs to see a dr. about his meds.  So no outing.

And finally....food!  I bought some beef that had been cut in small strips for stir frys ... not my fave.  So I dredged and fried it, added a whack of diced onion and a can of spiced, herbed tomato paste and beef broth.  I then added all the stuff to make the soup taste delish, then added peas, carrots, tiny diced taters and pot barley.  It turned out delish.  I love making something that tastes blah, then tweek and taste and tweek and taste til its really tasty.  Yum!

It is almost time to get off my duff and get outside.  Tomorrow both Monte and I are going to cut back on our food and try to eat more healthily.  And I am going to start regular walking, except when it rains.  And I have noticed it doesn't rain a whole lot here.  It's more like sprinkles for a while then stops.  That I can handle.  But when it rains billy oh I just can't see.  My glasses get all covered with rain and it's impossible to see.  I'm already half blind!!!  We'll see.

So thats it folks, all I got for tonight.  Glad to see the protest back east is over, peace shall reign.  Take care, be safe and TTYL

'So many ingredients in the soup, no room for a

spoon'..Paul Haines


SO MANY INGREDIENTS-ALL THE MEAT SANK TO THE BOTTOM

THAT POT IS A FIVE QUART DUTCH OVEN.  IT WEIGHS A TON BUT IT IS MY FAVE POT.



No comments:

Post a Comment