Monday, January 31, 2022

I WAS THINKING

 I was thinking.....if everyone..as the pros are saying, is eventually going to get covid, especially with the new even MORE transmissible variant arriving, then why don't I just go out and live my damned life and if I get it? I get it.

That was what I was thinking.  And then I read an article about a fortyish woman that thought the same thing.  So she went out and exposed herself purposefully to the damned bug, got sick...and died.  No type 2 diabetes.  No high blood pressure pills.  No history of pneumonia and bronchitis.  Not fat.  All things that Sneak goes after and I have all those enticements.  So a little longer in isolation from humans.  Which isn't all that bad.  I am not all that fond of stranger humans anyway.

Well the boys just got back from picking up the groceries from the back of Walmart.  There is no question I will be doing all our shopping this way from now on.  Curbside pickup is genius, the best discovery since January 2020.  And I found out that Walmart has been doing curbside pickup long before  Sneak interfered with our lives. 

 I really dislike shopping, of any kind except for armchair/laptop shopping.  And that can be dangerous!  It feels a little like an addiction. Smoke time!  Yay!!!!! Happy happy!!!  Well suddenly thinking of something I can order from somewhere makes me feel like that!  But other than the odd chair, I do attempt to keep it under twenty bucks a thing.

  I just ordered a super sturdy all metal spatula.  Mine fell apart.  It was about twenty years old.  Nine bucks. I ordered a set of four perfectly sized round containers with screw top lids for my various salad dressings...caesar, thousand islands etc....21 bucks. Now I did make an order for preserved lemons, a certain Moroccan spice, dried apricots etc and a tagine.  Monte is going to do some moroccan cooking.  All that was a little more but well worth it.  I love armchair shopping.  

I do turn stuff down now and then, stuff I really really want.  Like I have really wanted escargot dishes, for a long long time.  I absolutely love escargot and they aren't all that expensive to buy in a can.  Bucket of clarified butter, ton of garlic, cooked and hot escargot, crusty dipping bread, good to go!  But they are definitely over my twenty dollar limit.  Dammit!!! Plus I think I am the only one in my world that eats them...the weenies!!!!!

I barrelled out of my room this morning and whomped up a dutch oven full of chili.  I forgot how good homemade chili actually is.  I usually buy Stagg's chili.  It's really good but I like mine better.  I don't say that about everything I make that I could buy, but the chili is really good tweaked the way I like.

Alright, I have descended into food talk again.  I could write about my two secret ingredients that make it the yummiest, but I won't bore you.

Take care, stay safe, stay away from all humans, at least six feet away, and TTYL

this quote is so me its not even funny.  It explains a lot about my kitchen.

My mother was an enthusiastic chef but wildly disorganized, and often preferred purchasing yet another jar of mace or chili powder rather than having to hunt down its last incarnation. Janet Fitch


No comments:

Post a Comment