Thursday, January 6, 2022

HIBERNATION

Monte and I are hibernating.  We have hunkered down and we are not seeing anyone....again.  We get our groceries curbside from Walmart.  We can get out and go for drives and walks, at least we can when the foot of snow goes.

  This town has exactly two snow ploughs.  They do eventually do our street, after the bus routes and emergency routes get ploughed, due to all the trucks that go past to get to Quality Foods.  But then the berm they leave alongside our truck is monstrous!  All the vehicles along the street are truly stuck!

And I remember writing a post back when I lived in the house in Kamloops.  I lived directly across the street from a fairly large cul de saq. And the second it started to get light the morning after a snowfall, all the men were out there shovelling.  It was like a badge of honour to be the first to finish the clearing.

It's not a whole lot different here. Seriously, there is Harry to our left, he did our sidewalk this morning. And there is the fellow next door on the right who does it the most.  We did manage to get two shovellings in this year.  It's kind of nice though.  I think that they got in the habit of doing it when the old lady lived here alone for years.  Clearly she couldn't do it and these fellas got into the habit of taking care of it.  We do have a couple of very capable people in this house that can shovel, but not before eight in the morning!

Thank goodness Monte and I get along like we do.  Being hunkered down with one person could not be so easy otherwise.

Before Xmas he spent most of his time downstairs in his room either watching stuff on his laptop, writing or making music.  But now he has been coming upstairs halfway through the day.  Since super bug omicron arrived coupled with a foot of snow, he has been housebound.  So he comes upstairs, maybe cooks and then we watch streamed stuff on either his laptop or the tv.  Paranormal videos, Skinwalker Ranch, Abandoned Sites, and my fave, can't remember the name, weird things seen by drones or google earth and they investigate it.  Oh, and Sasquatch shows.  Oh what have we been reduced to?  Sigh.

On the 19th Graeme is arriving from Tofino.  I am making him quarantine downstairs for a week.  I am sure he would be fine but you never know.  He loves being quarantined!  When he first came to us a couple of years ago he had to spend the first month in the bedroom, locked up.  He was sick and there was no such thing as testing then.  Oh yeah, there still isn't.  He loved it.  He got to play video games and nap and eat all day.

It will be awesome to have a new personage in the household.  We will have to restrain ourselves from pouncing on him when he is let out of the basement! I will find out five meals that are his faves and make one for each night he is in basement jail!  We love our Toonykoot!!!!

Now I must message Heather.  She is the friend of Jeni's (my niece).  She has two adorable ten year old twins, boy and girl.  I am going to be giving them piano lessons and we were supposed to start this January but......I'm afraid I am going to have to put it off til omicron is a thing of the past.  

I am hungry...going to go see what is in the cupboard.  I would like a salad but I don't have anything to make one.  And I won't until the next grocery order next week.  Maybe some Campbell's tomato soup...good for a snowy day.  TTYL


Shoveling Snow Quotes


EGADS!!!  THIS RARELY HAPPENS IN PORT

ONE OF MY FAVE PICS (CARDS) APRIL DID A WHILE BACK





1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for hunkering. We are doing that now too. Poor Aoril......I saw her little pale face on Instagram yesterday and my heart went out to her. She looked about 10 years old. We had a little chat and she did say Myles was not a bit sick which is amazing and quite fortunate as he can care for her. She also said she was "emerging" from the worst of it. But oh my gosh, if a vaccinated person gets that sick I cannot imagine what happens to unvaxxed. People are still in denial apparently , and they are everywhere...sigh. Take care of yourselves, although the world has had other plans I still think we are destined to meet again one day...:-)

    ReplyDelete