Wednesday, January 26, 2022

I'M MOVING!!!!!

 I am moving....to my purple room!  I think a few people kind of thought, when they read the title of this post, WHAT????!!!! AGAIN?????.  It would only be the fifth move in that many yearsish.  I love moving, I really do.  But now due to bad arms and bad balance and bad eyesight I would have to ask for too much help...and that is truly the worst thing for me.  I absolutely hate asking for help.

So no, I am not moving houses, I am moving 'my spot' to a different room. Every house I have ever lived in I have created a 'spot'. My spot.  My home base in the house.  My spot has all that I would ever need.  Tv, side table or two, recliner or rocker, giant garbage can, all my techy plug ins, lamp, blanket, phone and lappy (my books on it).  

Right now that is all set up in the living room.  I have it set up in the window and for the past year or two I have become very familiar with the neighbourhood.

But now I have Ange moving into the basement and one thing I know from having Peter down there, it's noisy.  Every move we make in the living room thunders down there.  And April told me this Xmas that she could hear every word we said.  So I am moving into purple room, also known as my bedroom, which is tiny, has a tv and is perfect. 

With that in mind I have ordered a small recliner, a pretty pearl grey one from Wayfair.  It's cheap so I shall have to be careful.  It will just tuck into the corner of my room.  The only thing I will be giving up is the view out the window.  But frankly that view is boring now.  Nothing ever happens, except for the occasional man falling off a ladder. And Monte is hardly ever upstairs and when he is he's sitting at the dining room table eating.  Now and then he moves into the living room with me and we will have a fantastic convo.  So I figure that when he does come up I shall just go sit in the living room til he goes back downstairs.

Right now I do spend a fair amount of time in my room but I sit on the bed.  I am putting a permanent dent in the thousand dollar mattress!!!

Graeme, known as ToonyKoot, is here!  The poor guy is in basement jail right now.  He will get his freedom on Sunday, he can come on upstairs.  Right now I am making meals for him.  We put a little table outside his door and I put the meal there and when I have gone back upstairs he gets it.  It's probably not necessary but we are just being careful. The poor guy doesn't have tv or even a laptop.  His laptop bit the dust!  So he can't even play his games or listen to music.

When Toony arrived he walked around the side of the house, only to find water pouring out of the outside tap.  F*ckadoodle!!!!!!!  I am on a water metre and I would guess that water has been pouring out since it all thawed out after Xmas.  And I don't know what it may have done to the foundation and I do know what it did to our storage shed that is attached to the house.  Everything in there, Monte's stuff from his other place, is soaked.  Massive cleanup job.  

Toony got the water turned off for us.  He has very very kindly offered to help Monte drag everything out so we can load it into the truck and haul it to the dump.  Monte has become very large since moving here and can't really fit through the home made little entrance door.  Dammit!!!!!  Such is life...at least something is happening in this oasis of nothingness...otherwise known as the vacuum life has become!!!!  I am going to wait until Myles is here to let me know how to fix all that. Grrrrrrr....I hate asking for help.

We had tacos last night...staying true to Taco Tuesdays.  Next week though I am going to try something I read about.  I have a load of those little soft boat thingies they make for tacos.  Shells I think they are called.  You push them down into cupcake pans and bake them for a bit til they crisp up a little.  Then you fill them with taco meat and bake them again for a bit.  Then you load all the toppings onto them.  Of course they look fabulous on the recipe page, but homemade is never quite the same.  We shall see!!!  If it super works out I may use that idea for other things than taco stuff!  I wouldn't mind trying a breakfast thing, involving bacon, hash browns and eggs.  (Toony, if you are reading this I will leave the egg part off yours). Oh and cheese...lots of cheese.

Well this post has descended into talk of food again.  Sorry folks.  I shall sign off now.  Stay safe and get well fast if and when you get omicron.  Apparently according to the experts EVERYBODY will be getting it sooner or later no matter how careful you are.  Sigh.  TTYL







No comments:

Post a Comment