Thursday, January 20, 2022

DONE AND DONE!!!! IT BOOSTED MY SPIRITS!!!

 Well today was clearly a different day at the booster station.  Outside the church was a lovely older man manning the door.  I asked him if it was as crowded in there as it was yesterday.  He said no.  He told me that there were complaints made, some on Facebook Chatterbox (where I posted), and they made changes.  He said that they would only take appointments and people getting their first or second shots.

Apparently there were very few first and second shot people and they were turning away booster peeps, telling them to wait for their age slot.  When I got inside there were only three people in front of me and I was in the place less than five minutes.  I didn't wait the obligatory fifteen minutes.  She didn't see me slip out the door.  From the time I left home, found parking and went in, talked to the gate keeper, got my shot and got home to my coffee maker, was less than fifteen minutes.  The church is practically next door. A tiny Lutheran church.

I spend the vast majority of my time alone up here in my part of the house.  I don't see Monte a lot.  I was telling Arnie the other day that something dark happens when you are alone too much.  At my age, approaching 70, your mind just sneakily wanders to death.  I mean I have said before that I resent covid stealing years from me. And I did smoke for 32 years.

So as my mind wandered around my brain, I started to think about what I would be physically leaving behind when my time comes to slide along that mortal coil.  And that thinking led me to my junk drawers, junk rubber maids, junk cupboards, just plain junk collections here there and everywhere.  It doesn't seem fair to leave all that sorting to the kids.

And then I find myself emulating my mother's mother.  Gramma, at about the same age as me or maybe a bit older, wouldn't buy anything new because she was definitely going to die before it got used properly.  And dangit if I haven't caught myself beginning to think the same damned thing!!!!  I think part of my not buying a nice new van is because of that thinking.  I might not get it up to past twenty thousand kilometres on the odometer.  What a waste, I was thinking when I realized just exactly what I was thinking.  Sigh...too much time alone.  Even watching The Bachelor or 90 Day Fiancé is better than that, and that ain't saying much!

But now that I am turning my head to cooking for people, as I mentioned before, I make myself start thinking and planning that when I catch myself wandering around in my stupid head.  I have signed up for various recipe websites to send me daily emails.  I now wander through those instead of into those dark places in my mind.  I love it.

Well that's it for today peeps.  I have a plethora of emails to wander through!  Stay safe and be happy.  TTYL

"For three days after death, fingernails and hair continue to grow, but phone calls taper off." Johnny Carson

"I do not fear death.  I had been dead for billions of years before I was born and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience."  Mark Twain



No comments:

Post a Comment