Wednesday, July 13, 2022

BACK TO NORMAL

 What a wonderful week it has been.  But I am ready to go home and get back to the routine, chair, blogging on time, chair, diddling with the piano, chair, cleaning before Milly comes, chair, reading awesome kindle books, chair.  I am looking forward to it.

In the meantime I had a wonderful week here at April's and Myle's. They make fantastic hosts.  April makes the most fantastic food, such a bonus.  Yesterday's lunch was a tasty bed of greens, which included bits of fresh mint, grilled, literally with grill marks peach segments over top and dotted with burrata.  And she had picked up the most delectable amazing sausage rolls.  Ahhhhhhh....sigh.

We met Kevin and family down at the Quay and we went for lunch in the most lovely place on the water. We had great conversation and laughter.  Tandy has a most interesting job so it was really amazing to hear about it, at least what she could talk about.  And I loved seeing the kids.  It has just been too long not seeing them.

Unfortunately Aryn and Bradley are up north working.  I did see them camping but not nearly enough.  And it seems they are going to be up north for about a year.  Sooooo long.

The Quay was so busy and peopley.  I wore a mask through most of it.  I felt like such a tool using my hiking pole like a cane and constantly looking for spots to sit.  We ran into friends of April's and unfortunately one of the couples had covid and didn't know it yet.  But I wasn't really near them and it's been enough days now and we were outside in the heat, so unlikely it was passed on to us.  We would know by now.  I am tired of having to think about stupid covid and defending the caution and masks.

  I still can't believe there are some people out there that don't believe this flu either exists or isn't serious.  That attitude is so unmitigatingly disrespectful to the families of the five plus million dead people.  What the hell do they think five million people unexpectedly died from out of the blue?  In 2019 only 250,000 people died globally from regular flu.  People can be pretty stupid or in denial.  Not one disbeliever has been able to explain to me how those people died.  I rest my case.

Anyway, enough about that.  My mini rant for the day.  Lol!!  On to happier things.

I guess when I get home I may have to buy some billy goats.  And to be equal, nanny goats. I have a lawn fellow that isn't a regular 'every Tuesday' kind of guy.  He shows up when he shows up.  I have to kindly nag him.  But this time he said he was coming the next day after I left.  He still hasn't shown up.  I don't want to get too sideways with him as I am depending on him for future fish for canning.  But jeez!  He has promised he will be there today.  We shall see.

Well time is aflyin' by.  I must gather my belongings, give my poof a yank, change my shirt and back a monstrous truck out of a teeny tiny parking spot.  If I hit even one of the poles on each side the whole row of overhead roof will collapse. On cars.  Oh jeez...the pressure!!!!

Time to bounce!  Take care!  TTYL

'A 7-11 parking lot beat down is how life is.' Karl Hess......at least it is in Port Alberni.


HMMMMMM....NEED I SAY ANYTHING?

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS....EVERY MORNING.....WHAT SERVICE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment