Friday, July 22, 2022

ROMANCE? NO THANKS

 There are three kinds of books that not only will I not buy, I won't even investigate them.  I hate romance books.  That is, books written specifically about a romance.  A couple getting together in a compelling, well researched book is okay, but vacuous romance? NO.

And furthermore I judge them by their cover.  Yup!!!  I am judging a book by their cover.

If they have a picture of a skinny woman with flowing hair walking away from the camera, towards an ocean, beach, house, sunset or road leading off to the distance, I move on.

If there is a picture of Adirondack chairs, in pairs, facing away from the camera, looking out to the sea. Nope.  No way.

If there is a couple in each others arms, he with a naked chest and cowboy hat, her leaning back in a submissive manner....absolutely not.

Now and then I get tricked, even with Amazon Kindle lets me read the first couple of chapters.  I will really like the premise of the book, I really like what I read, buy it and within two more chapters, the moderately good looking, with good bones mind you and well spaced grey eyes, meets Blade, steely eyed, chiseled featured, broad man and her heart flutters and I slam my lap top, where I do all my reading, shut in disgust.  Led down the proverbial path.

I have put some pics here with examples for you.  I wonder though, even though they probably get well paid, wouldn't the men in these pictures feel stupid?  You would think they would be embarrassed! 

 Off to Nanaimo today....new glasses!!!!  I will be able to see when I get back!  I shall report.  Like you are interested...lol!!  Stay safe peeps, don't support the mindless romance novel industry, and TTYL

"I had a romance novel inside me, but I paid three sailors to beat it out of me with steel pipes."  Patton Oswalt.     hahahahaha...a man after my own heart!









MY MOST HATED




JUST A TASTE OF WHAT YOU SHOULD AVOID.  VACUOUS PREDICTABLE READING.  HEY COOKIE, REMEMBER THE TIME WE WROTE ONE IN BAMFIELD?  WE FOLLOWED THE PREDICTABLE TEMPLATE AND IT WAS PRETTY EASY.




3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! So agree with you on that! I have no problem judging a book by it's cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DO all look like that! And they are all the same story. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, that last comment was me. Dunno why it said "anonymous".

    ReplyDelete