Thursday, July 21, 2022

GARDENING....HATED IT

 Gardening seems like a useless, not to mention costly, pass time.  Seriously!  All you gardeners out there are nuts!!!  No, not really but I don't know how you do it...and enjoy the activity at the same time.

Let's see....Firstly one must dig in the dirt.  I spent an entire morning hunting for, unsuccessfully I might add, my gardening gloves.  Like how the hell am I supposed to remember where I threw them when I pulled them out of my Walmart bag months ago.  So upon digging holes and pulling weeds etc, you end up with filthy fingernails that don't get clean for weeks!  And I don't have a nail brush.  Who the heck has those handy things just sitting there in their bathroom? No one.  Thats who. Unless you are OCD or anal...neither of which apply to me.

Then as you are digging around in the frigging dirt, you constantly come across buried treasure left by the ridiculous number of neighbourhood cats.  They all play on the other side of the street and use our side as their personal bathroom.  I hate cats.

Then you go to the nursery and spend ridonkulous sums of money on plants.  Yes, of course it looks good when you get them home and planted but...jeez the expense!!!! Kinda takes the shine off them.

This all takes time so of course there are weeds by this time that need pulling.  Dirty finger nails again.  Are we having fun yet? 

To top this off, as I have mentioned before, we have no outside taps due to frozen busted pipes and flakey bailing plumbers.  So I bought two inadequately sized, but carriable when full of water, watering cans.  And right now poor Ange is having to do the watering as my tailbone won't let me yet.  It takes six cans of water to dampen down that stupid garden.

Anyway when it was all planted, and my cosmos is actually beginning to grow, and the flowers on my hydrangea, and petunias are really pretty, and the pots of geraniums are blooming, and it was so fetching, I was actually beginning to feel a bit of pride and I could kind of see the point.

Then just as we were so proud of ourselves and happy, fucking deer came along and not only ate all the flowers, but ate my hydrangea.  FUCKADOODLE!!!!!!!  I rest my case.

We made a quick trip to Nanaimo on Tuesday.  Monte had an appointment with the only vet on the Island who does exotic pets.  I guess Smooch is considered exotic.  He got an A+ from the vet for the health his snake is in.  She was super stoked to see such a healthy loved pet.  Monte was pretty proud!  This was a mental boost he really needs right now.  We are heading back to Nanaimo on Friday.  I have an appointment at Lenscrafters!!!!!!!  I can't wait to replace the eight year old glasses I am wearing!!!!  I can't see!!!!!  I get a new prescription and glasses at least every two years.  I needed glasses pretty badly just before the pandemic put a halt to that.  And those glasses became ruined by some surface that peeled in places on the lens.  I had to resort to these ones I am wearing now.  I got them in Hawaii in 2014 and they are very inadequate.  I don't go anywhere now without Bill's humungous magnifying glass.  Can't wait!!!

Well thats it for today.  I have a deck to clean and a filthy bedroom floor.  But before I can sweep it I have to pick up a ton of dirty clothes, books, three boxes, one of which I haven't even opened yet, shoes and bedding.  At least there isn't any cat poop mixed in with it.  Take care, stay safe and TTYL


"A simile is like a pair of eyeglasses.  One side sees this, one side sees that, the device brings them together."  George McWhirter


My sisters emoji's she has sent over time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment