Monday, July 25, 2022

WELL HELLS BELLS...THAT WAS A BUST

 Ange and I have been counting the sleeps til our hair appointment day...TODAY!!!! We got ourselves ready, showered, shoe shined, hair ready (which is a terrible ordeal for me...brushing out all the knots and bushyness).  Ange still looks great.  Me? Not so much.  

So we hop into the car and I park as close as I can so I can dash my ugly head into the salon asap and no one can see me.  Only to be told that whoever  put the appointment down did so for Tuesday...tomorrow.  Not today!  Jeezus H!!!!  Incompetent people piss me off.  I know I said Monday because there was the possibility that Milly is coming tomorrow.  What a piss off!!!!!!  So now I have to go around looking like the wolfman all day.  Grrrrrrrr.....

Well I put my back to the test yesterday.  I have been avoiding bending over because coming back up hurts like hell and stays hurting until I sit for an hour. So absolutely annoying.

I should have taken a pre picture of the deck.  It was awful.  Recycling, garbage, pop cans, coolers, chairs all disarray etc... Well I went to town and filled garbage bags, picked up a million wind blown pop cans, garbage, organized chairs, cleaned off the table, wiped things down etc etc.  Now and then I had to sit down and fix my back but not for long spells.  And now the deck looks splendiferous!!! And my back has passed the test!!!

Well as I said I drove to Nanaimo and picked up my glasses.  You get thirty days to try them out and to make any changes necessary.  And they need changes.  The long distance part is perfect.  But the bifocal part is not.  I still can't read small print and now I can't read my kindle stuff on my lap top either.  So they are going to go back and I need them to fix them.

  You know when the optometrist was doing that part where you say if the first lens or second lens on the machine was best, she never seemed to get it right.  I think that was the problem.  I can't live with these glasses for the next couple of years the way they are.  Sigh.  Always something.  I think I will take my phone and laptop in to test them when I get the fixed ones back.  I will test out the kindle print and the tiny print on my phone game I play with Kerry.  Wordfeud. More trips to Nanaimo.  Expensive ones at 199.00/litre for gas.

I am hungry.  I have a fridge full of low potassium and low carb vegetables.  Oh yum.  I think I will go and whip up a veg omelet.  That yum was sarcasm by the way.  What I really want is a couple fried eggs, some thick maple bacon and shredded hash browns.  Thats what I really want.

Well I guess I go.  I have more boxes to throw over the deck for flattening and taken to the recycling place.  I have a bedroom to get ready for a special visitor coming next weekend!  TTYL

"My first playpen was a cardboard box." Michael Lee-Chin

I used to put Baby Kevin in a narrow tall cardboard box.  Just his bald head poking over the top.  He was about nine months old.  Then I would pile every toy he owned into that box.  Right up to his neck.  And one by one he would slowly drop a toy over the edge onto the floor until he was the only thing left in the box.  He would then yell something that sounded like Ma! over and over until I came and filled it up again.  He would do that all afternoon.


A TUB OF LAVENDER
ANGE'S HAIR ALL READY

COMBED OUT AND READY....A DAY EARLY







No comments:

Post a Comment