Sunday, February 5, 2023

GOOD FRIEND, BABY AND DOG.....

My title sounds like a Heart song!  But yesterday I busted out of the house, went to Eithne's in Nanaimo and had a fantastic day!

Eithne is an amazing visitor!!!  I was there from about ten thirty to four thirty.  Thats a full six hours and we did not run out of anything to talk about!  We talked babies, births, public nurses, nursing babies, dogs, friends...and on and on.  I absolutely loved the day.  It was wonderful also to be around a delightful baby and an old old gorgeous dog that would NOT leave me alone.  Pet pet pet pet!!!  Never enough!!!

And Monte and I had a fantastic trip down to Nanaimo.  More visiting.  He was pretty stoked and feeling proud to have a paying contract job.  Finally! It is doing wonders for his self esteem.  He has wanted work for a long long time but it needs to be the right environment etc...and this job is it.

After he picked me up from Eithne's we met Levi, Austin's brother and Monte's boss at Costco.  It was really good to see him. He is one amazing guy.  And he is an acclaimed artist!  His folks, lovely people, are in Spain for a spell of time and he is leaving next week for a month in Spain with them so it was good to see him.  Their grandmother died recently.  She had lived in her house in Kelowna and now Austin, Levi's brother and occasional house guest here,  has set up his home there for now.

We were home by six and pretty exhausted.  Monte spent the next three hours working, getting his computer set up and I dozed in my chair.

On Friday Ange and I made another big batch of apple butter.  This time we used a lot of MacIntosh apples.  This morning we did the blender part and I tell ya, this batch is amazing!!!  Macs always make apple things better! We ended up with about ten cups of jam.  It was a crock pot full.

Today I am pooped.  Doesn't take much to wear me out these days.  I can't wait until it isn't raining and I can get back to going outside and walking.  I miss it. But I don't see all that well as it is and when my glasses get covered with rain I am basically blind.  And there is no solution to that.  I have to wear my glasses and there is no way to keep the rain off of them.

So here I sit in my comfy chair, watching hoarders on tv and eating the last of my homemade beef barley soup.  We are having a release over head of an atmospheric river.  I can't wait for spring.

Take care people, stay kind and give a boot to toxic people!  LOL!!!!  TTYL

'Some of the jam we thought was for tomorrow, we've already eaten.'  Tony Benn....(boy ain't that the truth!!!)


MONTE AND HIS TRUE LOVE

HAVE BABY, WILL SLEEP, ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY ON MAMA'S LAP

IN THE MEANTIME IN KAMLOOPS, STIRLING, AINSLEY, AND GRANDDAD MAKE PANCAKES



CUDDLE TIME!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment