Thursday, February 23, 2023

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THAT SNOW???

HAVE I SAID I EFFING HATE BLOGSPOT?  HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. CLEARLY THE PICS ARE NOT WORKING....AS USUAL.  SORRY BOUT THAT


I thought winter was over.  I have been making spring plans.  I have been making trip plans.  I have been making garden plans. (bucket list). Jeez!  I had gotten up to use the loo and remembered it was Thursday, garbage day.  Made the mistake of taking the time to stand in my front window scratching my stomach and  Crap!   It was winter again outside.  

So needless to say, it was pitch black and freezing and snowing outside.  Snow.  That is not something we see that often here and it was minus 6.  That is the equivalent to minus 30 anywhere else.

I got my big old snow boots and my big old pink puffer jacket.  I still had my sleep shorts on but what the heck.  I gots tough legs!

So all bundled up and a last minute very full armful of recycling,  which pieces kept dropping out of my insecure load, I struggled with the damn door and managed to get outside into the  SNOW!!!!!  I tromped over to the rolly bins, and I noticed something.  Nobody had put their bins out yet.  What???  It's always a competition to see who gets them out first without breaking a stupid by-law.  I was first for the first time!!!!  I was so excited and smug as hell.  And then it hit me. 

 I had completely forgotten that pick up isn't until tomorrow because of some kind of freaking holiday. Being retired and having no life I am not aware of holidays anymore.  They are completely unimportant and redundant to me now, except to define a blip in my garbage routine.  Awwww poop!  and this time I was pretty sure I was going to be first in the neighbourhood. So I retraced my steps, picking up getaway recycling as I went, head down, rather disheartened.

Suddenly, out of the dark I hear 'Hideleedoodley neighbour!!!'  What?  I felt like I was on the Simpsons for a minute!  But no...it was my neighbour Mr. Flanders stand in Harry.  He is a lovely guy, about my age but he is one person that can actually out talk me.  But he is super nice so I took the time to hang over the fence and chit chat.  Finally I told him my legs were freezing, which they actually weren't, as I said they are tough, but he took a good look at them and wound up the conversation, which still took another ten minutes..kind of like this run on sentence.

Anyhoo, I made it back into the house to my Nespresso I had put on before going out.  Nothing like coming in from the extreme cold to warmth and that oh so awesome aroma of coffee.  I crawled back in bed with my coffee, phone, laptop and remote control and had a fabulous time in bed and it wasn't even six thirty yet!  TTYL

'Coffee is a way of stealing time and should by rights belong to your older self.'  Terry Pratchett














 

No comments:

Post a Comment