Saturday, February 11, 2023

TIME TOO SLOW?

 Is time moving too slowly?  Do you want to speed time up?  Then I suggest you write a blog!  It always amazes me how much time goes by when I check the date of the last post!  And I have no life.  When, or if, something bloggable happens I write about it pretty quickly.  So you can see how ho hum my life is.

Excuse me for a moment here.  I have to go put some ribs into a low slow oven for dinner tonite.  They were 3.99 a pound over at QF yesterday and I am going to make them to go with my home made beans I made yesterday.  More about that shortly...you lucky people!

Monte and I made another trip to Nanaimo.  We had to pick up Monte's laptop from London Drugs.  I popped into Fairway at the other end of the mall.  Oh what I would give for a Fairway in Port. 

 There used to be one.  Ange worked the deli in it.  But they closed.  So I picked up a few things.  We then went to Longsomethingorother Brew Pub for lunch.  Wow!!!!  If you ever get a chance to go there, DO!!!!  Very delicious higher end but not expensive fare.  I had tempura prawns with the most delicious teriyaki sauce they make.  And a bowl of the best seafood chowder I have ever eaten.  Monte had amazing roast beef sliders with a horseradish cream sauce and blue cheese.  So good.

On the way home we went through Parksville.  The Heritage Inn had burnt down and we stopped, snuck through the fence around the disaster, and took pics.  We had a great time!

I have never successfully made homemade beans.  When I started looking at recipes I was dismayed to find so many of them were for Instant Pots which I just won't use, even though it totally makes sense.  I like to see my food cooking and tweek and correct along the way. Or they used canned beans to start with!!!!  Fer jeez!!!!!!

But I found lots of scratch baked bean recipes and I read a ton of them and got the general idea of ingredients and method, sans pressure cookers.  My bag of beans was two pounds so that was what I made.  And they turned out perfect!  Delicious!!!  I will put a picture of the finished product down below.  Jeez!! I love to cook!

Monte got his first paycheque and he is pretty stoked.  Working really suits him.  But now we need to find him a proper place to work.  His bedroom won't cut it.  It is completely full of his music making stuff and that is so important to him.  So the one room we don't really use much anymore is the dining room.  So we are going to change things up.

I am going to sell the dining suite that is there now.  It is just too big.  It would be okay if we didn't need the room, but we do.  So I shall empty the buffet, take the tv off the extra leaf we are using under it and take some pics and get them onto fb marketplace.  The hardest part is figuring out what to ask for it.  They weren't overly expensive at Wayfair.

Monte has decided to get himself a standing desk. It will go where the buffet is.  Then we will put in a small, and I mean quite small table.  And it is possible, but only maybe, we will bring Monte's organ that is stored in the laundry room, upstairs and put it on the opposite side from the desk.  That organ has an amazing sound.  I would love to play it too.  I just wish we could put a giant wall with a barn door in the big opening between the living room and the dining room.  But we will maybe have to sell the house down the road and that would not be conducive to a healthy sale.

To complete the project I may pick up a few tv tables to use in the living room.  I always have those two or three Costco tables I can throw up if by some wonderful miracle I have a few people for a sit down dinner.  A pretty tablecloth and napkins can turn a Costco table into something wonderful!!!

Well this is getting too long.  Take care and I hope I won't be too late with the next post!  TTYL

'My room is so small the mice are hunchbacked.'  Henny Youngman


MY BAKED BEANS





No comments:

Post a Comment