Monday, February 20, 2023

HERE WE GO AGAIN...LONG TIME SINCE LAST POST

 Jeez!  I am getting worse and worse.  Nine days!!!  At least taking long times between posts spares you the mind numbing boredom of my life!

We made another trip to Nanaimo.  Monte was picking up his lap top from London Drugs.  I am doing an extremely low carb eating right now, getting ready for my three month a1c.  Grrrr....so no eating on this trip.

But we did make a stop at Costco.  I forgot my mask.  I still forget that dammed thing!  And it was ridiculously crowded.  I managed to pick up a bunch of foods that I can eat right now.  Makes this lifestyle a titch easier.  Also we made another trip, I have lost track.  We took Smooch for her annual check up and she passed with flying colours. And I am going to have to go back soon for shoes at Softmoc.  I decided to not get them delivered.  This way I can try them on and make sure they actually fit.  They are a brand I haven't tried before.

I have a bathroom scale.  I made the mistake of getting a digital one a long time ago.  I hate it.  Slowly but surely, with my eyesight gradually diminishing, I have a real problem reading it.  Can they not make led readings white against black?  No no no...they make that ghastly blue that is hard to see the edges of, against black.  I mean come on!!!  And it is constantly running out of battery power.  And...I just want a simple poundage number...I don't need to have four possible people using it, I don't need my BMI, I don't need to know my body's water content, I don't need to know my four different trajectories.......  I just want a damned weight number.  One that I can read.

So I went on Amazon and found an inexpensive analog scale, one with a huge dial I can read.  It should arrive tomorrow.  I can't wait!!!  The digital one is going out the back door, with force.

I know that this isn't right but I am getting more and more bitter about not being on the dole one way or the other.  I pay huge income tax.  I pay a huge amount of money to an accountant.  I don't think people realize just how much money bleeds out to people that have managed to get onto disability or welfare.  The actual cheque they get every month is just the tip of the iceberg.  They get every service possible for free, they get free dental, they don't have to pay anything for their medical supplies, they get a transportation stipend, Ange just found people that do low income peoples' income taxes for free even though all she has to do is fill in a few blanks...a monkey could do it.

  I just happen to be surrounded by people on disability in this town and it makes me wonder...what the hell did they do back before all this money flowed freely to them all.  I will say this for Monte, he is claiming every dime he now makes at his job so eventually it gets deducted from his dole.  Do I sound bitter?  WELL I AM!!!!  I am forking out money constantly for this and that and more til I am cash strapped.  All because I worked my ass off with Bill and provided for my retirement. I am not sure it was worth it. 

 I am not checking my blood nearly as often anymore.  The strips are 90 bucks for the little canister of them.  They are free to Monte and Ange.I am not going to a dentist.  It's free for them.  My dentures were five thousand dollars.  Free to them if needed.  

I know it's inappropriate to be this ticked off.  It's just that I am always running on an empty current bank account but because I have an RRSP and some investments I don't get anything for free and they even claw one of my pension cheques (OAS) way back to hand out to....someone on the dole.  Okay enough self pitying whining.  Sorry about the rant. 

It's a beautiful day out today.  If Monte gets up and doesn't have anything work wise to do I think I will see if he wants to go for an outing.  It's a good day for some pics!

I shall close this now before I start another self centred whining complaining rant!  I am hella cranky today!  Take care everyone!!  TTYL

'Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.'  Lou Holt.   hahahahahaha!!!!!  In my face for sure!!!!!!


A RANDOM ROLL OF MY PICS AND I WILL PUT THE FIRST FIVE, NO MATTER WHAT, HERE.

OUR FAVE RESTAURANT IN LAHAINA

GOTTA GET THAT PICTURE

MOLLY AFTER HER SPAYING

BILL AND APRIL AT MAMMA'S FISH HOUSE

A RECENT ONE, I MUST HAVE ENDED UP IN THE FAVOURITE FILE



No comments:

Post a Comment