Tuesday, May 16, 2023

ANOTHER BUSY WEEK

 Wow!  So much happening.  We are all better.  Covid is definitely in the rear view mirror and we ain't looking back.

This week went by so fast.  I have been working hard at keeping my blood sugar down between four and six.  It is so blamed hard.  No matter what you eat, no matter how careful you are, your sugars shoot up.  It's so hard to keep it down.  And for me it def means eating very little.  Fortunately I have spent a good deal of my life in that state so I am used to it.

We made another trip to Nanaimo.  Monte drove me down to Lens Crafters.  These glasses I have now are just not cutting it.  The optometrist was utterly amazing.  This is the first time I have had one that not only listened to me but took action.  In the end he asked if I minded waiting for my prescription while he researched my history.  He wants to make sure he hits the right prescription.  I royally complained about my last one.  I was very grateful and happy to wait.  I am going back tomorrow to hopefully choose the glasses and get them ordered.

While I was in there Monte went to the ferry and picked Graeme up.  He has come for a short visit.  He is going back to Vancouver tomorrow.  It was so good to see him.  And he is so good for Monte. Monte loves him to pieces.  They have such a good friendship.

Mother's Day was awesome.  Monte took me out twice!!!  We decided to go get some lunch somewhere.  We knew we would be going to the Spice hut for supper so a light lunch somewhere.

Right.  We went down to the quay for some tacos and the place was closed.  But right there is a place called the Starboard Grill.  It's a beautiful place right on the water.  I wanted to check out the menu in the window and lo and behold they were having a brunch special for mom's day.  So in we went and had the most spectacular brunch!!!  Juicy salmon, lox, smoked mackerel, candied salmon, delicious buns, soft amazing danishes, eggs bennies, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, hash browns, delectable rice, ham carvery, fruit bowl, and on and on......When we rolled out of there I was thinking I would never be able to eat supper.  But I did.

Palak.  Man I love palak.  Plalak paneer is creamed spicy spinach and their cheese they make.  Now I do not like the cheese so I get them to leave that out of the spinach.  And a roti.  Soooo good!  I am going to make palak here at home.  I watched a bunch of YouTubes, making palak with frozen spinach cubes.  It's pretty low carb too.  I did buy a big bag of roti flour.  I found a YouTube that showed how to make rotis easily.  You make the dough like pancake batter.  Then you ladle that into a hot frying pan and cook it the same way.  It even puffs way up like it should.  No rolling.  No fussing. And it's fast.  I'm excited to try it!!!

Well Graeme is here so I should go.  Monte has had to go back to bed for a while.  He isn't doing as well as I would like.  I know the sun gets to him something awful, always did, right from when he was a baby.  Anywhoooo, I hope you all are enjoying the drastic change in the weather and be covid free!!!  TTYL

'The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is for man.' Dejan Stojanovic


No comments:

Post a Comment