Friday, May 19, 2023

I AM HUNGRY I AM HUNGRY I AM HUNGRY

 I am working hard right now to keep track of exactly how much or little I get to eat to keep my blood sugar under 6.5.  I ate the day we went to Nanaimo, I ate poutine (a little) and a hot dog at orange Julius.  Thats about all I ate but it would be enough to totally throw my numbers off.  So the next morning I checked and was back down to 6.5.  And after having a small food day it's 6.5 this morning.  Today is a fasting day.  Sigh.  Beef broth, that's it.  Tomorrow morning I am going to make a grilled cheese sammich.  The bread is sprouted bread, super low carb.  So I am going to sit here and think about that sammich for a minute......

I am not so happy with my housekeeper.  I pay her 35 bucks an hour for a two hour stint...which she has never done.  She gets done and leaves at 1hour and 15 minutes.  It's annoying.  Plus she doesn't dust unless I specifically ask her to each time.  She doesn't vacuum all the way down the stairs.  And I put the rugs in the bathroom a certain way and they were exactly askew the same after she left.  She did NOT wash the bathroom floor.  Clearly I have been spoiled by Alice and Milly.

Yesterday I was outside and the next door neighbour Nicole came over and we visited a while.  She is 39 and has two of the cutest kids ever, 4 and 6.

She was telling me that she loves to do housework and she would come over and help me out any time I needed it!!!!  Who does that???  So I told her about my housekeeper.  Nicole is making 18 bucks an hour at the Best Western cleaning disgusting rooms.  I was suggesting she go into housecleaning.  There is always people looking for housekeepers here.  And we all pay 35 bucks an hour!  She is considering it!  I told her I would be her first customer!!!!

We took Graeme back to Nanaimo on Wednesday.  He had to get home for a commitment he had that evening.  I then went to Lens Crafters and picked up my prescription and picked out my fave ray bans and got measured up.  I love love love the glasses!!!!  I took a pic on instagram thinking I would be able to look at them for the three weeks I have to wait for them in person.  But when I went back to look the pic was gone!  I cannot figure out instagram....some pics stay forever and some just don't.  Grrrr....

Anyway this is such a boring post.  My apologies.  But truly nothing exciting has happened whatsoever. It's hot, Ange and I went to a nursery place and bought all the seeds for planting our herb garden.  I need Monte to go get the bags of potting soil.  It's too heavy for either of us to lift.  And that is it.  Have a good few days.  TTYL

'In order to live off a garden, you practically have to live in it.'  Kin Hubbard

....ain't that the truth!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment