Tuesday, May 23, 2023

DOG WOODS EVERYWHERE

 This town should have been called Dogwood.  I have never seen so many dogwoods in one place....ever!  There is always the massive gorgeous one across the street but as you drive here and there every fourth or fifth house has fully grown beautiful dogwoods.

The other day Monte and I went out to buy mulch and gas up and we ended up way up a logging road on top of a nearby mountain.  It was gloriously gorgeous out.  And much to my complete surprise the forest was full, and I mean full, of blooming, kind of scraggly dogwoods!  I had no idea they grew wild like that.  I guess that is why dogwood is BC's tree.  I did take a couple pics, not good ones, which I will put at the end here.

Then, on Sunday, the three of us decided it was time to get the front garden done.  It was looking simply awful.  Weeds, old dead flowers, renegade blown flyers and junk mail, it was awful and embarrassing.  

So we sent Monte to the nursery to pick up twelve bags of fine dark mulch.  And then we got busy.  We pulled as many weeds that were willing to come out of the ground, which certainly wasn't all of them.

  But Ange had seen an idea on YouTube.  We had been keeping our amazon boxes, which numbered a lot seeing as how Ange and I are online shopaholics.  Monte hauled out a mass of flattened boxes, I had flattened a few weeks ago.  We covered the flower beds with flattened boxes then a good thick layer of mulch.  Bill did that with cardboard or carpet.  It looks fantastic!

Earlier in the day Ange and I planted about ten planters with fresh awesome potting dirt and packages of seeds, every kind of herb you can imagine.  Dill, basil, rosemary, thyme etc...and one planter of cat grass for Ace and Belle.

Then we hopped into the truck with our cameras and headed out the Bamfield road to China Creek fish campsite.  The wind was howling and I was totally freezing.  I only had shorts on.  I was sitting in the back and noticed a giant pair of Monte's sweat pants.  I pulled them on and I thought Ange was going to die laughing.  And Monte's reaction was priceless!  He stopped dead in his tracks, stared at me, then dead serious he said, 'that is the worst you have ever looked!  I am serious.  You look absolutely awful and it isn't even anything to do with your hair.  That IS the worst you have ever looked in your whole life!!!"  I almost died laughing at him.  Ange took a pic.  I will post here as I have zero pride.  You will see why Bill called me Blister.

So the last couple days we have been sitting around letting our legs and back recover from all the unusual activity.  But tomorrow, Wednesday, we are driving out to Bamfield.  Ange has never been.  I can't wait to show her Pachena and the big log house Bill and I built.  I am taking a diabetic friendly picnic and a thermos of coffee and a chair.  What more could one want I ask!!!!!

On Friday Monte and Ange are heading to Nanaimo.  They need to pick up a few things.  I am opting to stay here this time.  I am going to do my mountain of laundry (shovel list) and pack away my winter duds. I need to haul up my summer clothes rubbermaid and do the switch.  Also on June 2 or 3rd the diabetes association is scheduled to come by and pick stuff up.  I must get that all ready too.  (half a shovel list).

So thats it.  I shall take a pic of the front.  Ignore the ugly blue rubbermaid.  We use it for mail as I don't have the tools to drill screws into brick to hang a mailbox.  We lost our mailbox when I replaced the whole front including the door.

Thats it for this round.  Have a great week or couple of days or whatever.  TTYL

'Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.'  Bob Bitchin. (My mom always said this!!!!!  and that is truly his real last name!!!)


LIKE I SAID, NO PRIDE

I LIKED THE NAME OF THIS TUG, UNDAUNTED

ANGE, GETTING BLOWN TO BITS

ON THE ROAD TO BAMFIELD

GETTING THAT SHOT

NOT SO RAGGEDY ANYMORE


THOSE DAMNED SHEPHERD HOOKS WON'T STAND UP STRAIGHT. THAT RUBBERMAID WILL NOT BE THERE SOON. I HAVE A PLAN

THE NEIGHBOUR'S DOGWOOD.  I TOOK THIS FROM MY CHAIR OUT THE FRONT WINDOW


2 comments:

  1. The frontyard looks great and I really like your front door! However, Monte is right! Those pants! OMG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks lovely! The pants look warm!

    ReplyDelete