Wednesday, September 20, 2023

FOOD FOOD FOOD

Talk about eating and eating and eating.  We only eat three times a day but I am used to eating only once a day and maybe a snack.  My jaw is actually getting tired.

Last night we went to Sabatini's, a beautiful amazing Italian restaurant.  It was 39 dollars each.  The food was not pronounceable and totally delicious.  Pics below.  Monte had some weird martini..vespers or something like that and I had apple juice.  I simply cannot drink anymore.  I would make a lousy, or cheap drunk.

We did go into the perfume store and we each bought a scent.  I don't know what he got but it was in a bright red box and smelled divine.  I bought Eternity.  I have been wanting to buy it since Luz left umpteen years ago.  I love the smell of it.  

I have to be honest here and admit that I am having trouble walking any distance.  My hip, tailbone, knee and feet hurt like the dickens.  I don't like taking pills but I think today I am going to load up.

We floated into Juneau this morning in the early morning mist.  There are a couple of other ships in town too.  That means an average of 12,000 or more tourists will be roaming about this tiny town.  We didn't book any excursions for this town.  It's enough to walk about and do a little shopping.  I am on the lookout for rhubarb vodka for Ange.  Tonite we go back to the Crab Shack, Monte's choice.  Just between you and me I am getting tired of prawns.  I was already tired of them before we left but I don't have the heart to tell him.  I think I will get lobster this time.  Unfortunately he wants that bucket for two so I don't know.  

Tomorrow we are in Skagway.  I absolutely love Skagway.  We did book a train excursion up to White Pass Yukon at noon tomorrow.  It is stunningly beautiful.  

The next day may be a sea day, I am not sure. We have a reservation at the Crown Grill...an amazing steak and chop house.  They also offer lobster.  Monte is super looking forward to this particular dinner!

We have finally found a lounge called the Adagio.  It looks like and old gentleman's club, wood panelled walls, muted carpet, comfy overstuffed chairs with wooden accents.  And best of all the music they play very softly is NOT ghastly pop or country.  We plan to spend a little more time up there sipping and reading!  It's a scotch kinda place.  Also the odd foursome playing bridge.  In other words an old people lounge.  Suits me!

Well it is now ten am and Juneau awaits.  Monte is showering and then we will be off to get breakfast and head into town.  On the hunt...rhubarb vodka!!!  Dinner isn't until 6:30 tonight and the ship doesn't leave until 8:30 so we can mosey to our hearts content.  Have a great day!!!  TTYL

'I come from a family that considers gravy a beverage.'  Erma Bombeck

'My doctor told me I had to stop throwing dinners for four unless there are three other people.' Orson Welles


THE GORGEOUS DINING ROOM

MISSING TWO SCRUMPCIOUS HUGE PRAWNS, HUSH PUPPIES AND SAUCE

SERVED WITH AMAZING BREADS

CALAMARI AND PRAWN APPETIZER

MY DINNER OF EGGPLANT PARMEGIAN

MONTE'S BRANZINI...HE LOVED IT

THE NEIGHBOURS OSSO BUCCO ON SAFFRON RISSOTTO

THE DESSERTS.....ZABILOGNI, TIRAMISU, PANNA COTTA, A HAZELNUT BALL ON GELATO AND MORE ZABABLAH BLAH...I HAVE MORE RED LINES SHOWING UP IN THIS POST THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment