Friday, September 29, 2023

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN JIGGITY JIG....ALMOST

Well here I sit on April's comfy couch.  We arrived back in Vancouver after a day at sea and a day in Victoria.  In Victoria we were supposed to dock at 9 am.  But we couldn't dock until 1:30 due to heavy winds.

Our plan was to meet Levi at noon for dim sum in Chinatown.   We stayed in touch with him and finally we got off the boat by just after 1:30.  And of course, no taxi.  Just a massive big line up.  Jeez!!!  I just happened to spot rickshaw drivers and made arrangements to get one of them to pull all 700 pounds of us the two kilometres to the restaurant.  He was absolutely an awesome guy, very philosophical and strong!!!  It was almost the most fun we had on the whole trip!

Levi and his gal, Gina, arrived and we had an awesome lunch and visit and Levi gave us a ride home....IN GLADYS!!!!!  I don't regret selling her, but almost!

The boys dropped me off at the boat after and Monte went to Levi's for a few hours.  Later I went upstairs for dinner at the slop troughs and managed to witness a big fight between a 'Karen' (I hate that expression...shovel list....but she was) attacking verbally a sweet older couple.  What a cow!  I don't know what happened but she must have said, 'it's not okay, it's not okay,' thirty times. She was a right nasty little fat ass woman.  The couple were so dignified and very disturbed.  The older lady looked terrified and was on the verge of tears.  And that cow just kept going and going and going.  Finally the man turned to her and got right in her face and yelled, 'I just don't give a shit!' and she just yelled it right back.  It sounded like somehow he had taken her picture and she said he had no right to do that.  It was not okay!!!!  What a horrible awful person.  So I got my camera and took her picture, from behind.  I wanted to smack her.  Hard. Pic below.

Disembarkation was marginally better.  But there were probably over 300 people in the taxi line up.  And the line up just didn't get smaller.  Graeme, bless his sweet soul showed up to meet us.  He was a total godsend.  He is very familiar with that area as he worked down there at one time.  He got us to a nearby quiet coffee shop.  He helped with all the luggage.

  Eventually he tipped a bellboy who immediately got us a taxi!!!  He then helped us unload it all into the hotel room and head up to drop me off at April's, where I sit as I type this.  I did spend one night at Aryn and Bradley's. I always have such an awesome time with those two and due to their work I don't get a chance to see them that often.    

I tried to get reservations on the ferry but they were booked til next week.  So Aryn, bless her, drove me out to the ferry terminal and I bought an assured loading card...ten trips.  It adds sixty bucks to the trip but if you get there half an hour before sailing time, you're on.  I have been contemplating this purchase for a while.  And frankly, if something happened to one of my family I don't want to be sitting in a three ferry wait lineup.

So we go home today.  I want to make a stop at TNT market and get a duck and roasted pork......annnnnd. maaaaybe an extra nummers or two.  But first I have to get Monte up.  He is at the North Van Hotel.  He is packing up and coming up to pick me up.

So I had best bounce.  Have a great day or two and TTYL

'There is nothing on earth as powerfully healing as time with your family.'   Helen Price

AS USUAL BLOGSPOT HAS NOT PUT THE PICS ON IN THE ORDER I CHOSE...GRRRRR


I WOULD REMOVE THIS STUPID PIC BUT BLOGSPOT WOULD SIMPLY GO TO PIECES AND HAVE A PANIC ATTACK

OUTSIDE SITKA

NATE, OUR AWESOME RICKSHAW DRIVER


OUR DOWNLOADED EMBARKATION PIC

MR. SERIOUS

LEAVING KETCHICAN

LOTS OF THESE AROUND. AND LOTS OF DEAD CARS ON LAND.  NOWHERE TO SINK 'EM

MY SWAN DESSERT

MONTE'S PISTACHIO DESSERT


HAD TO PULL US BACKWARDS UP THE HILL.  HE WAS PRETTY PROUD OF THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT

FINALLY...CHINATOWN

DOWN THE STREET

LEVI MONTE AND GLADYS...OUR SHIP WAS ON THE LEFT

IT'S NOT OKAY. IT'S NOT OKAY.  IT'S NOT OKAY

ARRIVING HOME



 

No comments:

Post a Comment