Friday, September 22, 2023

SINGLE? NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!.

Hi Ange!!!  I can't text or message her so I am going to send her a message here before my post.  We are sure missing you.  We are having trouble finding rhubarb vodka!  I don't think they have it anymore though.  But we are bringing you something!!!!  I hope everything is going okay at home.  And I hope Ace isn't giving you too much trouble!!! Hahaha!!!  And you can always talk to Harry if you get lonely!  Love Monte and Helen

I am not sure where I left off.  I do believe we were in Juneau and we went back to the Crab Shack for dinner.  It was lovely as usual.

I checked my step counter, keeping in mind I don't always have it with me.  I am averaging between 5500 and 6500 steps per day.  This is an obscene amount of steps.  No wonder everything hurts.  For eight years I have been sitting in my chair except when making dinner.  To go from that to that is crazy.  I am damned lucky I can.

So Skagway was a bust.  That bust was due to a   relentless downpour rain, nowhere to get out of it, and enormous stupid lines and people.  And the shuttle was great to get downtown but no shuttle wasn't full coming back.  We had to walk the whole kilometre and a half.  Now that prolly doesn't sound like lots to you folks, you healthy troopers, but to a sedentary fat broad in the pouring rain?  Yeah.  Pain pain pain.  But I did it.  Monte was so kind and understood that every so often I had to park my sorry sore ass on a soaking wet bench for a couple of minutes.  He was beyond patient with me.

We were at the dock where the train station is.  Our train trip was set for 1:45.  The last loooong stretch walking we were passing an extremely long line of people.  I stopped one person and asked what that long line was for.  It was for the 1:00 train.  At that moment it was 12:45.  There was nowhere to sit or even stand out of the pouring torrential rain.  OMG!!!!!  So far this day we had:  stood in a long line on the ship to get into a lifeboat, spent 15 minutes crammed on the boat like a sardine, climbed out of it and climbed the longest ramp you ever saw that was almost vertical, in the pouring rain.  Walked quite a ways to a shuttle stop.  Waited ten mins for a shuttle,  (in the pouring rain...shovel list).  Got on and got off downtown.  Could barely walk due to thousands of people and pouring rain.  Found a pub, I needed coffee and a sammich of some sort, I hadn't eaten anything yet that day.  Went into the pub and nowhere to sit.  Finally ended up outside in a plastic covered deck in the freezing rain with no food.  Told Monte to just go look around and I would wait there.  He was gone maybe five minutes and said he couldn't do it...too many people and too much rain.  So we went out and waited for a shuttle.  Took forever and finally we realized that we weren't going to get one.  They all arrived full.  So we walked the kilometre and a half. And when we saw the line up we would likely be in, and all the windows on the train were fogged up and unheated, we made the executive decision to bail.  So we hopped into the tender lifeboat line up, eventually got back to the ship and walked the thousand steps back to our room.  (at least we were out of the relentless effing rain.)  And today our clothes we wore are still wet.  Not to complain or anything.  A most unpleasant day and a huge disappointment.

Last nite we went to Sabatini's for dinner.  This was our second trip and it was amazing, except we couldn't finish our meal.  Slowly but surely we are not able to eat as much as the first couple of days.  I will put two pics from that dinner below.  They were truly amazing.

Before our dinner appointment the other day at Sabatini's Monte was resting so I told him I would go up to the quiet bar we found, Adagio, and he could meet me there. It's next door to Sabatini's.

I was the only one in there.  It was awesome.  After about an hour a couple came in and sat.  Then two or three men, each by himself, came in.  And they eyed me up and down for too long.  If I were younger and not such a blister I would be suspicious.  But I am not so I kept on reading.  More and more people were coming in and thoroughly eyeballing me til I finally got suspicious.  I hauled out the schedule for the day and checked...5:00 Adagio....singles and solos.  OMG!!!  No no no!!!!  I got the hell out of there as fast as I could go!  Wouldn't you know?  The only lounge that was quiet and lovely...and a hunting ground.  Grrrrr.....

Now it is Sitka day and once again we bailed.  We love being in our room listening to music and reading and just drinking drinks from room service.  We love it and frig it's raining to beat hell outside. And all our coat layers are still soaking wet.  You should see my hair.  hahahaha.....staying in today.  Tonight it's the Crown Grill.  Wagu beef here we come!

I am probably missing a day but oh well.  It rained.  That much I can guarantee!!!!  TTYL

'I always love walking in the rain, said no one EVER!!!! '   Helen Price


PONZANELLA  SALAD

OSSO BUCCO SAFRON RISOTTO

COMING INTO SITKA

SITKA TAKEN FROM THE TV BRIDGE CAM...SO FUZZY




No comments:

Post a Comment