Saturday, September 2, 2023

HAPPY HAPPY NEWS

 I haven't mentioned a certain extremely exciting amazing awesome event that happened a while ago.  It involves April and I think most of you already know.

  I am not in the habit of talking about April here.  In the past every time I have, certain people connected to Myles get royally upset.  So the last time that happened I swore off mentioning them at all.  But this is so exciting for me and April is MINE so I am going to talk about them freely here.  And if those peeps that have fits about it?  May I invite you to quit reading my blog?

Our Schmyly (Myles...has the most gorgeous smile) got down on one knee and proposed to April!!!!  And truly there is no other couple in the world more made for each other than those two!!!  (except maybe my other kids' choices...lol!!!). Myles got her the most beautiful diamond ring and got it all set up on a beach on Keats, their fave place in the world, at sunset no less, on their tenth anniversary, set up the video camera on a tripod and filmed it all.  It was so unbelievably romantic and perfect!

They FaceTimed me immediately after and I have never seen April's face beaming and glowing and happy like that moment and Myles....in tears!  I started crying and April beamed and beamed.  In the background Leeloo was sitting peacefully on the golf cart!!  OMG!!!  It was honestly the most perfect proposal ever and he chose the ring and made the plan all by himself, so perfectly!!!

Of course they haven't set a date yet but wow!! the wedding plans are swirling!!!  I didn't know how much fun it is to throw out ideas and discuss wedding things!!!  But I have learned some lessons over the years from watching soap operas in the past.  I am quite happily and willingly taking a giant back seat on this.  I am not one of those mothers that has to be involved in any way but what they want.  The only thing I insist on is if it isn't catered, I want to make the potato salad.  I know how to make enough for five hundred people.  I have a certificate to prove it!!!!  And by the sounds of it there just may be five hundred people there!!!  Hahahahaha!!!!

I have a feeling that this child might be the only one of my spawn to marry.  I know for a fact that unless something legal or hugely money saving crops up, Kevin and Tandy absolutely won't be marrying.  I am not sure why...I think they see themselves as ....well I don't know what to call it.  Go against 'the man' as we used to say.  Very left wing and woke. Marriage is an archaic and unnecessary institution to them I think.  Enslaving women maybe? No way am I asking!!!

 I would be extremely happy if Bradley and Aryn got married.  They are as well suited as April and Myles and I and family love Bradley to pieces.  He is the most fun and awesome guy and so so perfect for Aryn.  But....maybe they won't be marrying.  No way am I asking!!!  lol!!

Monte.  Well he is a conundrum.  I think he is the one that feels that he wouldn't suit marriage or being a father.  Yet I get the feeling that underneath it all he wishes he was the type.  I think he feels too damaged.  So sad because he is the nicest kindest guy on the planet.

And our Jenjen.  She has had some really unfortunate experiences with partners.  Some very very serious.  But, bless her heart, it hasn't totally made her gun shy!  Right now she is with a fellow from Ecuador, I think it is and she seems to be so happy.  My fingers are tightly crossed for her in this one.  If anyone deserves to have partner happiness it's her.  She is such a hardworking and dedicated mamma and been through the proverbial mill enough already.

On another note....our road is open, at least til the first heavy rain.  Last Wed. we had to go to Nanaimo for an appointment for Monte at the sleep clinic.  OMG!  What should have taken three hours in total, ended up being eight, a lot of it sitting in the line up. Now Monte and I enjoyed the day.  We went to Original Joe's for dunch (dinner/lunch at 3) and it was fantastic!!!  We listened to music, visited, had a fight that we resolved and ended up with better understandings, and just generally had our usual time in a vehicle.  We are used to this as we have spent many an hour travelling over our lifetimes.

But poor Ange came with us and she didn't do so well.  She has fibromyalgia, fatigue syndrome, degenerative discs, scolioses, anxiety when away from home,  leg issues etc...plus I don't think she has years of experience sitting in cars. The poor girl...that is a lot of things to contend with. She ended up in super rough shape by the time we got home. Knocked her for a serious loop for a couple of days. I think we will think twice before we take her again. Things happen and you have to be prepared to swing with the unexpected.  I never leave home without enough pills for a week and toilet paper.  You never know!

Now it is time to get ALL my laundry done and get my suitcase packed for the trip.  It is only tenish days away now.  I am starting to wear masks again every time I step out the door.  I have cautioned Monte to stay away from crowds.  We do not want a bout of covid before boarding the ship.  If we get it on the ship at least we will be confined to our room, which is okay with us, and get fed the good stuff!  Waited on hand and foot. What more could one want I say!!!!!  A great way to have covid if you must have it.

Well that's it for today.  Have a great weekend and a reminder to all you retirees out there...it is a holiday weekend!!!!  TTYL

'The internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.'  Bill Gates


Ain't that the truth!!!!

COULD TWO PEOPLE LOOK HAPPIER?

AND DIG THAT SUNSET!!


AWWWWWWW




No comments:

Post a Comment