Monday, November 27, 2023

ACCOUNTABILITY

I think I have mentioned that I do 100% of my non grocery shopping on Amazon.  Amazon can be tricky dicks.  You really have to know your prices, check delivery dates, make sure they don't charge shipping if you are prime and know that if the item is coming from outside Canada, the two day shipping is completely out the window.

That being said, their prices are simply not consistent from one product to another.  I was looking at their large container Club House spices.  I needed taco seasoning and the only one I use or like is Club House.  I can get it at Costco for for about six dollars but I am sure not making a trip to Costco just for that and I had no idea when we were going to be going again.  So I happen to know that Amazon sells them.

Well what can I say.  I am perusing through the Club House seasonings and they ranged from 6 dollars to 11 dollars.  I finally get to taco and...37 bucks!!!!  Thirty seven!!!!  Amazon can really suck sometimes.

Anyhooo...I have a pretty good idea how much I spend at Amazon.  But...I decided to get the Amazon Master Card and only use it at Amazon.  I got a fifty dollar amazon gift card for signing up for that!  But holy Hannah!!!!  I just did that one statement ago and I know it's xmas and presents are being bought, but jeez!  My new years resolution this year is to STOP shopping at Amazon.  When I looked at the list of stuff though all of it was stuff I would have had to go buy in stores so I am not sure what to do to solve that particular problem.  None of it was fun stuff.  Plant bloom food, gallon jug, whisk, wreath door hanger, batteries, books etc...

I wish there was something obvious I could cut out, stuff I would have to go to the store for otherwise.  I have to stay out of Costco too.  I was going to get four things for under fifty bucks (like taco seasoning and turlett paper) and came out with a belly full of fries and gravy and hot dog and a receipt for 330 bucks.  SHIT!!!!!!

Starting in January I am going to see if I can exist on my pensions only.  Thats about 2014.00.  I am not sure I can pay my income tax instalments and utility bill that comes in every three months.  I think my reno list is getting way smaller and my wish list is growing pretty fast!  Lol!!  Funny thing is I am way more comfortable living on a budget.  It's what I am most used to and I know people that only get half that or less per month.  This is when renting makes more sense.

One thing I can do after Dec. is start selling stuff.  I need to sell my dining room set.  I will be getting the family table and buffet that we had in Bamfield and is now at April's, back.  I have lots of stuff I can sell off.  And I can put that money towards those lump sum pmts I need to make.  Utilities, income tax, property tax, hydro equalization supplement, car insurance, house insurance, handymen for fixing turrlets etc., hot water tank replacement, insurance deductibles, car maintenance, and on and on.  I will try to empty out my sheds and laundry room!!!!!

I was just scrolling through various family pictures and came across a picture of the family gathering at a local Kamloops restaurant the evening of Bill's funeral.  Every one of Bill's family was there, including a few he rarely saw, except for April and Monte.  The kids were shocked and frankly hurt the next day when they saw the pictures on Facebook.  Other than Uncle Frank's family, bless them, it's like that family forgets that not only did he have two other kids spawned by him, but that he was very very happily married to their mother for over 34 years.  Best 34 years of our lives.  I am so glad that April has connected with her cousin Russ and wife Lorraine.  And Auntie Joan is gold.  Monte?  Has never heard a word from a Heyman since Bill died.

Any how time to wrap this up and go wash my hair.  A most detested pass time I must say.  At least it's all brushed out and prepped, the hardest part!!!!  And it is time to start wrapping up the presents arriving on the doorstep pretty much daily!  Have I said I LOVE Christmas?  TTYL

'A personal budget is a manifestation of your decision to grab your finances by the balls'      The Money Tree Man           


 

AMAZON HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIVING ROOM




 

1 comment:

  1. Bill Jr and family weren’t there either.

    ReplyDelete