Wednesday, November 8, 2023

BUSY BUSY BUSY

 Wow!  Once again time has flown by.  Lots happening.  

My sister and husband came for a visit!!!  I love it when people come to visit.  It almost never happens anymore due to my living in the boon docks that requires an expensive ferry trip.  As a result my house, especially my guest room, becomes extremely needy for a thorough cleaning.  When visitors were more frequent the house didn't get too bad.  So their visit was an awesome opportunity to gitter done!!!

I think I moved a mountain, the right way.  I found logical places for all that stuff that was stacked to the ceiling in the guest room!  And best part?  I found stuff I hadn't been able to find for ages and ages!  Plus I got an unusual amount of exercise!  Hahaha!!!

Our visit was awesome!  It was soooo good to see them.  I miss them.  We had the lamb dinner which turned out just okay.  I think I am losing my touch. 

 We went out each day for a tour of the Port area.  One of the trips involved the fish ladders again.  It is just so beautiful out there, especially in the fall.  I also drove them up to our new campground up at Loon Lake.  It is so beautiful up there as well.  We also had lots of just visit time.

  I had a broken drawer in the kitchen.  It would leave sawdust on the floor every time we tried to open it.  And KERRY FIXED IT!!!!  It literally took two days and two trips to the hardware store to get it fixed.  I am so grateful because not one of us in this house is capable of doing those sorts of fix-it things!!!!  They left on Sunday, heading up to see my brother.  Too short a visit!!!  I miss them, the downside of visits.

Later on Sunday Graeme was coming for a visit.  We drove down to Nanaimo to pick him up.  He came for two nights.  I love having him here.  We included a trip to Costco of course.  We were actually going to go out for dinner but we couldn't resist the poutine and hotdogs.  Dammit!!!!  It was so good to have Graeme here.  Then yesterday, Tuesday, we drove him back down.  That trip seems to be getting shorter and shorter!

Now back to current busy things.  First I shall be erecting a three foot fake Christmas tree.  I had to throw out pretty much all my xmas decorations and tree last year.  I stored them in a xmas tree bag under our indoor stairs....and when we hauled it all out it absolutely smelt terrible..mould we believe.  So this year I ordered two boxes of pretty ornaments from Amazon.  I ordered mini glass balls.  Now I know what mini balls are like, but the ones that came are so small you can hardly see them!!!!

When an Amazon package comes, just for fun I try to guess what it is before opening it.  Honing my guess the contents skills, practicing being blind cuz I know I will be one day if things keep going the way they seem to be right now. 

 So this package came, small, square, and I simply could not guess or remember.  A package had come the day before.  It was in a twelve by twelve box and I was pretty sure it was the balls.  Nope...it was a box of powdered dishwasher soap I had ordered. Then the next day this tiny package in a very small box came.  There was no way I was going to guess that one.  Like did I order a ring and just forgot? It was the teeny tiny xmas balls!  At least they are pretty.

I am super looking forward to Christmas!  Tonight I informed the household that I would not be making a xmas dinner this year.  And I went on to say that either of them should feel free to do the xmas dinner, they both know how to cook.  One grunted and the other one said she was going to eat a Hungry Man turkey dinner and stay downstairs and watch tv.  So I am going go out and buy myself unusual lovely food that does NOT need cooking and it will just be for me. They can go out and buy their own stuff.  Cooking that thanksgiving dinner all day then cleaning all the next day did me in.  

Well that's it for this round.  Sorry it's pretty boring.  Have fun getting ready for xmas....time to do xmas cards!  TTYL


'I think homes that are too tidy, neat and sparse look like nothing interesting is going on.'  Shelley Malec Vitale





No comments:

Post a Comment