Thursday, November 16, 2023

ANONYMOUS WROTE A COMMENT!!!!!! THANK YOU

I almost never get comments...which is completely okay with me.  This blogspot is so unbelievably difficult to leave comments on.  I have heard from so many people that read this thing that they can't comment.  And truthfully I am really okay with that. If they could leave them and didn't I might give it an extra thought but one thing I know.  The nasty sick heads that like to leave bad comments can't be bothered on blogspot.  It's just too damned difficult!

So I totally appreciated anonymous's comment today.  Whoever that is went to the work of getting one on here!  I was excited to see it!!!  And it was such a nice comment!

Well it's another trip to Nannymo today.  Monte is having trouble with his cpap mask and needs a new one.  And I need to make a quick stop at Costco.  There are just some things that if there is a choice, get it at Costco.  So much cheaper.  Tomatoes, eggs, bread, t.p., paper towels, etc...so it's a stop for ten things.  No more!

By the way I found my xmas tree!  It was in the box, out buried under the amazon boxes that are piled on the deck.  It is so hard to throw out those amazing boxes.  The deck is the one extra time to think about it before they get recycled.  Like planes versus boats.  There is no extra time to try to save your life when a plane crashes.  On a sinking boat, even if you don't swim well, you can at least dog paddle for a while.  Sometimes, very rarely, I do go out and get one of those boxes to use.

Yet again I digress.  I got the tree out and put it together and fluffed it and I love it.  I think it's going to be my forever tree.  It's only three feet and not hugely bushy so I can leave it all lighted and decorated year round and find somewhere to store it where it shan't get mouldy.  It still needs more lights and decorating so I won't put a pic here til it's done.

I made a rant on Facebook yesterday.  We have discovered mould and wetness in Monte's bedroom.  To tell you the truth I am not surprised given the ferocious rain and windstorm that had happened a few days earlier in the week.  But the mould that is growing indicated a longer period of dampness, the storm just took advantage of the weakness the earlier stuff had done.  It is either roof or foundation or old, no longer effective drain tiles around the foundation. My only hope at this time is insurance.

The rant yesterday was directed towards all the people that are super jonesing to buy a house.  I think some of them just aren't living in reality.  If you compare owning and renting there is no question that owning is way more expensive than even super high rent plus strata in some cases.  Between your mortgage pmt,  property taxes, city utilities, house insurance (1200 per year on my humble abode) general upkeep and then major fixes like my broken front door and surrounding glass with holes in it, cost me 5,000 dollars, renting becomes pretty appealing.  If you don't do your due diligence you lose either the equity in your home or your home itself.

That being said I made a list when I moved into this house of things needing doing.  Now four years later over half the list has turned into a wish list.  I need the money for the not dire stuff to fix the dire stuff.  Which with me is fine.  I can live with old lady pink carpet everywhere, foil flowers wall paper in the bathroom, green cracked laminate countertops, olive green barely working turlett and matching chipped bathtub!  I think some people wouldn't be happy with that!

So now I need to confirm insurance will help with the mould repairs and it will only cost the deductible, which can be considerable.

Wordle.  I have been hearing about Wordle for quite some time now.  I couldn't find it and couldn't figure out what all the hype was about.  But....I know now!!!  Kathy and Kerry play Wordle and showed me and now I am addicted.  Every morning the New York Times posts seven different puzzles, Wordle being one of them.  You basically get one shot at each one then you are done for the day.  It is so much fun!  I grab my phone when I wake up in the morning, always around 5 am, and do the puzzles.  I love it!!!!  I am def hooked!!! 

Gotta bounce!  I need to clean up my kitchen before bringing home more stuff.  TTYL

'A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.'  Anon


YOU DON'T NEED ENGLISH TO GET THIS ONE.  WE WERE IN A MCDONALDS IN JAPAN AND THIS WAS ON THE WALL.  SPOD WAS SO EXCITED...HE LOVED SPAM AND MCD'S!


No comments:

Post a Comment