Friday, June 22, 2012

KAMLOOPS, COURTENAY AND LONDON

Well we are winding up for the next trip.  We leave in a week, on Sunday the first of July.  So.....lots of last minute visiting with people, packing, cleaning, banking, property tax paying and on and on and on.

Back in April I made a ton of potato salad for April's birthday party.  A week later I was in the middle of scraping the last of it into the toilet when the phone rang.  It was Kevin.  So I put the lid down on the loo, grabbed the bathroom phone and took a seat.

At some point in the convo I told him what I was in the middle of doing.  He exclaimed, "No! don't tell me that.  (he loves my potato salad)  You are talking to someone that never gets good food."  What???
So he told me that Tandy is not the greatest cook (she will tell you that herself) and he doesn't have time and they don't have the money to go out.  So he never gets good food.

I felt so bad for them both.  That just isn't right.  You gotta have some good food now and then!  It is his birthday this month, (like most my family) and we are visiting them next Tuesday.  Over the last two days I have made and frozen 20 meals!  This is what I made:  keep in mind they are vegetarian and it was a challenge to make the stuff taste good without my old oxo standbys!
2 sweet and sour tofu,  2 greek mac and cheese and bbq veggie grind casseroles, 4 mushroom/tofu stroganoff, 2 mexican casseroles, 4 carrot/cauliflower/zucchini subjit,  4 dahl, 2 shepherd's pies.  And when I get back from Kamloops on Monday I am going to bake him a birthday cake and make potato salad to take with us the next day.  I feel like such a mother/grandmother!

The funniest thing happened, but really frigging annoying.  I lost my one and only pair of black pants.  When you are the size I am you simply don't put on skirts, or at least you shouldn't.  So you buy a good pair of black pants and cool looking "cover your rolls" tops and your good to go...pretty much anywhere.  And....I could try on 3,000 pairs of pants and none of them would fit.  Seriously.  I just don't have the right body for them.  If the waist band is at my waist, where it belongs, the crotch is just above my knees (a little like those goofy gangsta wannabe boys out there), and if the crotch is at my, well, crotch, the waistband is up under my chests where my bra is, (just like those old ugly pot bellied scary teachers we used to get now and then, only they would actually tuck their shirts in and thats how I knew how high their pants were).

One day I was in my fave fat lady store and I looked around at black pants yet again.  One can always hope.  And....I found a pair!!!  The waist could go where it was supposed to, the crotch was where it was supposed to be, and they were pretty tight legged, right to the ankle, which I prefer.  Yay!!!and they have saved my ass at two weddings, two formal evenings elsewhere and the occasional social obligation where jeans wouldn't do.  And, I lost them.  I know where I saw them last, in purple room,  in the last few weeks, but they weren't there when I needed them last week.

Well, since last week I have literally taken all three bedrooms apart, gone through every cupboard, every drawer,  every laundry hamper, (we have one for darks and one for whites)  oh  (we don't have enough coloured clothes to have a hamper for colours), everyone else's clothes in the house and they simply were nowhere to be found.

Today I decided to do the laundry.  Started with the whites and the faintly coloured stuff we have and then got the darks ready.  It was a really big load so I started to turn stuff inside right, straighten out socks, check pockets etc...I picked up Bill's jogging comfy black pants, shook them out and.....wtf??my black pants were inside his black pants.  And then I remembered!!  I was cold one night and pulled his comfies on over my black pants.  When I took them off I just threw the whole works into the hamper.  Duh!!!!  Do you know how much time I spent looking for those suckers!?  JEEZ!!!

Random goofy shots today.  Most I have posted before.  Sorry.


THE GOOGY SHORTS BILL BOUGHT AT WALMART....IN THE GARBAGE NOW!


HAD TO BE THE BEER...THIS IS WHERE I LEFT MY WALLET THAT DAY

THEY MUST PRACTISE POSING IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR

BLOWING THE RED FEATHER!

STACKING THE RED CUP

HUNTING FOR THE LITTLE YELLOW BALLS

COLLECTING THOSE LITTLE YELLOW BALLS

MMMMMM......SHOTS...THE FUN WAY
Off to Kamloops tomorrow see my mommy!!!   TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment