Tuesday, June 19, 2012

UPDATES

So much has happened since I left off.  I shall briefly recap.

The concert was amazing.  Downtown Vancouver is a happening place on a Friday night.  And people were all so eclectically dressed and happy and busy.  We waited in line outside for 45 minutes and it was so cool to people watch.  The concert was truly awesome.  You can't beat the Dandy Warhols.

We didn't get home and into bed until about 3 am.  The next morning I was up around 8:30.  The kitchen was a wreck.  The dishwasher was broken and the dirty dishes were piled to the ceiling.  I saw April and Andrew off to Keats and went up to make coffee...and ...surprise!!  April had cleaned the kitchen.  When?????She went to bed at 3 am too!!  What a wonderful gift.  I had such a busy day ahead and this just gave me the extra time I desperately needed.

Bill and I cleaned the house (we were having company the next day, thank God, or this house would never get cleaned up).  We left about one in the afternoon to shop at Costco on the way to Brian's retirement/birthday party at Cookie's.  So we shopped and headed out to Surrey.

We had the BEST time.  It was so wonderful to see everybody again, catch up on all the news and have delicious food.  We didn't stay too late.  It was just a perfect time.

The next morning I got up and cooked roast beef, bbq chicken and pulled pork.  Set the table (which I love doing) and got all ready.  Bill's son Bill and wife Cheryl and grandkids, Lana, Tanisha, Billy and Chris all arrived.  Wow it was so good to see them all again.  I just don't know why we don't do this all the time.  We had the best time.  I just love Cheryl.  She is so funny and so easy to visit with.  I don't have to worry about talking too much or too long or too loud with her.  I can just be me and I can't say that about very many people in this world.  And she is never ever boring so needless to say I had a great time.  And Bill was soooo happy to see them all again.  Even after they left we just felt good all day.!

That evening we had April, Andrew, Al, and Katey for leftover dinner.  And as usual we had a great visit with Al.  He is such an interesting and genuinely nice guy.

I got a call back from the Doctor yesterday to come in and see him today.  So in I went to be told that all my lab tests came back........PERFECT!!!  All my D and B levels were way up where they were supposed to be, my red/white cell count was perfect,  all was totally healthy.  Yay!!!! Except..my blood pressure was 180/90.  Not so good.  Losing 100 pounds would help with that.  No sign of kidney infection whatsoever.  He thinks it is some kind of muscle anomaly.  I will take that!

THE FAMILY




SO CUTE

REALLY GOOD LOOKING KIDS


THE TOKEN GINGER KID AT THE TABLE!!!!!!


DANDY WARHOL GUY!!

TOKEN SPECIAL CHILD


STREET ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WE LINE UP

ACTUALLY THEY WERE REALLY GOOD

WE DID LOTS OF DRINKING BUT JUDGING HOW SOBER WE STAYED METHINKS THEY WERE NOT TOO STRONG

CELL PHONE BEEEOTCHES

SHAZZAM!!!!
My doctor smokes.  I told him that quitting smoking, as hard as it was, was easier than losing this damned weight.  Oh well........TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment