Friday, June 15, 2012

KIDNEYS PART II

A quick update.

I love my doctor.  I do.  He is older than me (hard to find), smokes (even harder to find) and I can get an appointment the next day ( just about impossible).

But...he is notoriously late.  One...he takes smoke breaks and two...he loves to visit.  This morning my appointment was for 9:30.  So I went up to his office at 9:25.  Anywhere else I would have been there by quarter after, but I know how slow he is.

Upon entering the office, I immediately notice it is uncommonly full.  There are six chairs and there was only one empty.  So I sat and waited and waited and waited and waited.  What the hell is he doing with someone? I am thinking.  He must be doing a really really thorough exam on some poor sucker.  After waiting twenty minutes the door opens and in comes .....  the doctor!!!  He wasn't even here yet.  The first lady goes in and doesn't come out for a full half hour.   What the hell?  The next lady goes in and is in there a full twenty minutes.  Jeez!!!  Finally, about quarter to eleven I got in.  And I timed it.  I took exactly 4 minutes.

I didn't let him near me.  I vaguely pointed to the sore area, told him I was pretty sure it was kidney problems and asked for antibiotic.  He mumbled that if it was kidney infection it wasn't really presenting typically as one.  He gave me a prescription and a lab thingy for blood and the other to determine if it is actually a renal problem.  Whatever.

So I escaped unscathed.  I went to the lab and did the duty, went to the fat lady store and bought pj's and a bra, came home and now I am waiting for a very late appliance guy to come and fix my dishwasher.  Sigh.  Hurry up and wait as they say.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment