Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TURKEY

It has been pretty busy since getting home from Port Alberni.  I so enjoyed my time over there.  His house is exceptionally peaceful, even though it was busy with people, and he was busy a lot of the time on his music and computer which left me with lots of time to myself, which is very rare.

We arrived back here on Thursday and until last night we hadn't seen him at all.  He stayed over at his friend Noah's place, in fact he is still there as we speak.  Last night I made a giant turkey dinner for his early birthday.  He had a few of his friends and April and Andrew and Andrew's sister Katey.  So there was lots of food, and laughter and visiting and catching up.  A new thing that seems to have made an appearance at the dinner table is, upon finishing, out come the laptops and iphones and we were showing each other particularly funny videos.  Man we did laugh.  Dane Cook, Jim Carrey etc....  fun!

Here are a few random shots again.  Some of them I put an explanation under them.

SHORTLY AFTER I TOOK THIS, THAT FRIGGING SNAKE BIT THE GUY!!!

I TOOK THIS PICTURE AT THE PYRAMIDS....AND AS I WALKED AWAY HE CHASED AFTER ME AND DEMANDED MONEY FOR TAKING HIS PICTURE!!!  I GAVE HIM ONE AMERICAN DOLLAR

THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THIS GUY.  I WAS QUITE A WAYS AWAY AND AS SOON AS I TRIED TO WALK AWAY HE JUMPED UP AND STARTED YELLING, HOLDING OUT HIS HAND.

SINGAPORE....THIS TRIP I WAS IN A WHEEL CHAIR BECAUSE OF MY KNEE.  DO YOU SEE THAT PIECE OF MY SHIRT HANGING OVER TO THE LEFT?  WELL, RIGHT AFTER THIS PIC, BILL WAS PUSHING ME AND THAT SHIRT GOT TOTALLY TANGLED AND STUCK IN THE WHEEL.  WE HAD A HELL OF A TIME GETTING IT OUT AND NOW IT HAS A PERMANENT GREASE MARK ON IT!

THESE GUYS ARE AT THE ENTRANCE TO A MOSQUE IN CAIRO.  THEY ARE PUTTING BOOTIES OVER OUR SHOES.  BILL AND I WERE LAST AND AS WE WALKED OFF THEY YELLED AT US TO COME BACK AND SEE THE GUY LOOKING AT US?  SEE THE BOX BESIDE HIM?  HE PICKED IT UP AND SHOOK IT INDICATING HE WANTED TO BE PAID.  SO WE DROPPED A BIT OF MONEY IN AND THEN HE POINTED AT ALL THE OTHERS IN OUR GROUP THAT HAD WALKED AWAY AND DEMANDED MORE FROM US, I PRESUME ON THEIR BEHALF.  WE WALKED AWAY, SHAKING OUR HEADS AND HE WAS SO MAD!!!

THIS FELLOW RISKED HIS LIFE TO PUT A POLE OVER THE EDGE WITH A CUT PLATIC POP BOTTLE ATTACHED TO THE END OF IT, FOR MONEY.  HE IS LITERALLY HANGING OUT OVER A STEEP STRAIGHT DROP TO THE SLUM BELOW.  IT WAS SO SCARY TO SEE HIM THERE.  THIS WAS IN CARTAGENA COLUMBIA.

THIS WAS IN NICARAGUA.  THIS LADY WOULD POSE FOR MONEY.  THAT POOR LADY IN THE PINK SHORTS DIDN'T KNOW THAT.  WHE TOOK HER PICTURE THEN TRIED TO WALK AWAY.  THIS FRUIT LADY DAMNED NEAR ATTACKED HER!!!  SHE YELLED AND GESTICULATED...I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO SMACK THAT POOR LADY.

GUATAMALA...OLD LADY BEGGING

KATEY, MONTE, BILL, BRIAN, KEVIN, ARYN ROB.......AND THAT ISN'T ALL THE JUNE BIRTHDAY PEEPS IN OUR FRIEND AND FAMILY CIRCLE!

TAKEN IN SURREY, BC AT MY GIRLFRIENDS HOUSE, OUT HER KITCHEN WINDOW.....LOVE THE COLOURS

GOTTA LOVE THE STREET SELLERS IN NYC!!

NO EXPLANATION NEEDED!
So, I shall be back in the next couple of days.   Have a good one!!  TTYL 

No comments:

Post a Comment