Friday, June 19, 2015

COSTCO AND GRANDKIDS…GREAT COMBO

Hokey Dinah!!!!  Things just got a whole lot crazier and a whole lot noisier around here!!!  Throw two rambunctious kids into the mix, still on BC time (in other words they get up at four in the morning Maui time!!).  Actually thats not true, they have been getting up at five thirty.  I get up with them cuz I am always awake at that time and I sleep out here in the living room.  Its awesome.  We read books and visit and sing and eat porridge and drink coffee.  I love it.

Kevin has to work some so we are planning most of our activities for the afternoons.  This morning though Tandy has taken them to our beach and gone exploring with them.  I stayed here and am about to take Shaw on.

I got a call from a collection agency yesterday, saying I owed shaw forty two dollars.  Forty two.  So I said I would look into it and maybe pay.  She told me I HAD to pay them…to add their collection name to my list of payees on my bill list on my bank site.  Okay.  But as I was sitting here, pissed off, over forty two dollars thank you very much, my email dinged.  It was my shaw bill (which I had totally changed just before I left, down to almost nothing) and guess what?  I had an eighty five dollar credit!  So I call the woman at the collection place back.  She still wants me to put 42 bucks on their account.  I guess thats how they get paid but I told her to get stuffed.  Not doing it.

I wrote that two days ago!  Since then we have been to both the lava beds and to the lavender farm.  Both places were amazing and so much fun.  I will put pics below instead of writing too much about it.  Yesterday up at the lavender farm, they had a treasure hunt for kids.  That treasure hunt took us all over the place and the kids were so extremely excited every time they spotted the next station where a stamp was waiting for them.  Man we had fun.  In the end they found a lavender shortbread cookie.  We stopped long enough for a lavender coffee and scone with lavender honey.  Delicious.

We then set off for the library in Makawow.  The one in Kihei is temporarily closed.  That was a hoot.  What an awesome little library.  We then, as planned, headed for Haiku, a little town near Makawow, that I have yet to find without getting seriously lost first.  And we got lost….royally.  Getting lost is pretty high on my shovel list.  By the time we find Haiku, every time, I am mad and ready to throw in the towel!  But we did finally get there and to Colleen's for huge dinners of fish and chips.  I ordered a large pizza to take home to Monte and we managed to eat half of that before we got home!

Today is going to be a down day.  Its cloudy out and after all that fat yesterday I was up half the night in the loo.  Not feelin' so good and its my own fault..I don't eat like that anymore and should have known better.  TTYL
WE STOPPED AT A COCONUT STAND…MUCH TO THE KID'S DELIGHT


WHACKING THE COCONUT


FOUND A STATION…DOIN' THE STAMP


LOOKING DOWN ON OUR KIHEI


OUT AT THE LAVA BEDS..NO IDEA WHY IT GOT STUCK IN HERE AND NOT WITH THE OTHER LAVA BED PICS

ANOTHER STATION


CLIMBING THROUGH THE LAVA

WAVE CHASING





LOOK OUT!!!  HERE IT COMES!!


HE LOVES THE WATER!


No comments:

Post a Comment