Sunday, June 28, 2015

TIME TO GO HOME

It really is time to go home.  Monte and I are homesick.  I can't wait to get back to my house and finish the unpacking, get my jeep, check my flowers, see Molly and Willy, see my family.

We have been busy busy busy.  I have tried to show Kevin and family as much as possible.  Since going out to the church at the edge of the earth, we have done the banana bread trail, the plantation, gone to our favourite beach at the end of the runway, gone to a luau, boogie boarded on a good beach, I have taken each of the kids individually for a little shopping trip in Kihei.

Also, we went up Haleakala.  Its about forty miles from here and ten thousand feet up.  I don't do so well at those altitudes.  But the kids loved it and I got yet more pics.  We drove through clouds, which thrilled Fenton and you could see forever up there.  And....it was COLD!!!

Last night we went to a beautiful luau.  I think the this the fifth time I have been to this luau.  I know the story and show they put on inside out but I never get tired of it.  Tandy took Elise up on stage with everyone else to do a little hula dancing.  Elise was so cute up there.  At the end of the show the fire dancers came and grabbed Fenton to go up on stage for a pretend sacrifice and he was just simply beside himself with happiness.  We all had such a great time.

Now its time to get back to reality, get home and get real life started.  I'm pretty sure the little family here is ready to have some privacy from people in their living space too.  I am going to make sure I go swimming one more time...maybe tomorrow.  We don't have to get to the airport until late tomorrow night so there should be time.  Today I think we are heading up to Makawao.  I want to show them the eucalyptus trees up there.

  There are soooo many freaking people here in Maui right now.  Honestly! you'd think this was the only holiday place on the blasted earth.  I hate it.  (shovel list)  No matter where we go, all the places that Bill and I discovered, the ones with no one there, are full of stupid people and theres no where to park.  We never did get to walk through jurassic park (as we call it) because there was no where to park.  There's people crawling all over this island.  I looked it up and apparently June, July and August are three of their busiest months here.  Who knew?

Its about five thirty in the morning here.  I never did get used to the time change.  I am out cold by ten at night and up and wide awake at five in the morning.  Oh well, twill be good for when I get home, IF I ever get home.  It seems like forever.  TTYL
THIS WAS BILL'S AND MY FAVE BEACH AT THE END OF THE RUNWAY





HALEAKALA

ON OUR WAY DOWN TO THE LUAU

KEVIN BORROWED MYLES' SHIRT FROM LAST YEAR!




THE BIRTHDAY BOYS...JUNE 27TH (MONTE) AND JUNE 30TH (KEVIN)



No comments:

Post a Comment