Sunday, June 7, 2015

GOOD BYE DAY

Sorry people but I have to do another quick 'clear up' before writing the next post.

As I said before, and will reiterate here right now, anyone who wants to have their own ashes scattering ceremony are welcome to get some ashes from me.  I have lots.  He was a big man!  And by no means did we scatter them all here.  The thing we did here was strictly for Bill, at his request.  But each of the three kids that were here, are going to get some ashes and have their own ceremony where ever its most significant for them, as am I.  So please just get hold of me if you are interested and I will get them to you tout de suite!

We had an absolute blast on the dinner cruise.  I read the reviews after I bought the tickets and if I had read them first I would not have bought them there.  But….I am so glad I did!  The giant catamaran is a snorkel boat by day, dinner cruise by night.  And I was concerned that Aryn would maybe not like it.  Some people don't.  But as it turns out she LOVES dinner cruises!!!

The boat had snorkel gear tucked here and there and we had to climb through hanging wet suits (wet ones) to get upstairs.  The tables were paper covered costco folding tables and seating was really cramped.  In fact the spot they reserved for the six of us didn't fit the six of us!  I ended up sitting at a different table with two guys.  More about that in a minute!  And the working boat ambience suited us perfectly!

There was a singer with tracks and ukelele.  We cruised up the Pali coast, was entertained, the prime rib was amazing, the guys waiting on us were stellar and we met people and had absolutely the best time.  (except for poor Jess, who spent most of the trip leaning over the side of the boat and puking her brains out).  The two fellows I sat with were a couple from L.A. but originally from El Salvador and Mexico.  The one right next to me was named Enrique!  I loved him!  I wanted him to come home with me.  We instantly bonded.  His husband had to go downstairs and join Jess at the side of the boat which left us to talk and eat and drink and connect.  And the drinks!!!!  Strong and plentiful!

The sunset was spectacular and satisfying.  After it sank below the horizon we headed back.  So much fun!  We then went to a couple of bars and the oddest thing happened in one of them…the Dog and Duck.

After we had been there a while an older man came up to the table and talked randomly for a few minutes.  He then showed us he had about six big paper bags with stuff in them.  He asked if any of us cooked and we said yes and he gave us one of the bags.  In it was his home grown…sweet basil, chives, rosemary, thyme, parsley, mint and more.  All of it was bagged and labelled and LOTS of it!!I used it in our tuna fish salad today!  Only in Maui…although it did cross our minds it could have been laced with LSD.  Trust man, you gotta trust.

Later, back home, Damon, a friend of Jess's and now ours, arrived for the weekend.  He slept on a mat on the floor between Aryn and Jess.  He was such an interesting and fun addition to the mix.

We all scattered and went our own ways yesterday.  April, Myles and Aryn snorkelled with the turtles, Damon and Jess went out and saw the sights and Monte and I stayed home.  We all converged on Front Street for dinner.  Mmmmm…it was so good.  And I don't remember much after that.  I drank a little more than I am used to!  Apparently, according to those here, I had a very good time!  I do remember going down to the beach with them!  And I don't feel too too bad today.

And now its pack time and last runs to see last minute things.  We are all meeting at Zippy's for dinner on the way to the airport.  Thank goodness Monte is here or I would be feeling pretty lonely and sad.  Its hard to see them go and we have had such a wonderful time together.  Here are some pics!  TTYL
WAITING FOR OUR DINNER


WAITING FOR OUR DINNER

DRINKING IN THE MEANTIME



A SELFIE TAKEN WITH A VERY HEAVY UNCOOPERATIVE CAMERA!




I DON'T REMEMBER THIS SO MUCH



A VERY VERY CREEPY SCARY PICTURE

AWWW MY ENRIQUE…I SOOO WANTED TO KEEP HIM…SWEETEST KINDEST MAN…HE CRIED WHEN HE SAW THE SUNSET AND ALMOST CRIED WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT BILL

BLOW HARD ARNIE!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment