Wednesday, July 1, 2015

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN JIGGETY JIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooo happy to be home!!!  The last stint away was just toooooo long!!  It felt so good to walk into this awesome house...so clean, thank you Marisa!, and still pretty empty (which I love) and a deliriously happy doggie!  Could not have been better.

The flight home was a total nightmare.  Right now I don't really care anymore cuz I am sittin' in my big old chair in my purple room, happy as hell.  But....

I had bought us plus seats on Westjet for the extra leg room.  We had an aisle and middle seat in row 3.  Being in plus we get to board first.  So we got all settled and carryon in the overhead and waited to see if someone was seated in the window seat.  I was somewhat worried because Monte and I, between us are about seven to seven hundred and fifty pounds of meat.  I hate that look of horror on a person's face when they see who they have to share their three seat row with.

And sure enough, along comes a lady, about fifty yrs old, and as broad, just shorter, as Monte.  Bigger than me and I'm no slouch.  Jesus murphy! How was this going to work out?

Monte and I got up and let her in.  She overlapped into my seat about one third of the way, she had to put up her seat arm.   Monte had already put ours up.  So now I slid in, did up my seat belt and tucked my arm and left bazoom under her overlapping body.  

Then Monte plunked down, nearly killing me.  He did up his belt, settled back.  I tucked my arm and other bazoom under his left side.  And thats how I rode for the next five hours.  Seriously!!!  I don't overlap, I underlap.  And it was at least five hundred degrees in that plane.  Oh My God!!!  There was literally a four inch strip of me, down my middle front, that was exposed.  The rest was buried under mounds and mountains of personage.
Never again.

I am definitely NOT missing Maui right now.  I am missing the kids.  I had a lot of fun with them. We bought Elise a doll house with a family of six and furniture etc.  Every night she put them all to bed.  The oldest looking lady doll she would put in a chair to sleep...just like Gma!  She probably thinks all grammas sleep in chairs!!  

It was really nice to come home to a still pretty empty house.  The basement is all set up and the bedrooms upstairs have beds in them.  But the living room is empty as is the kitchen and dining room.  I love it.  Kevin told me that Steve Jobs didn't like any of the furniture out there for sale so he just kept his house empty.  He sat on the floor to work on his computer.  And, now that I have lived for a while in a virtually empty house I have come to the conclusion that it wasn't the furniture he was objecting too.  There is something very very freeing and awesome about having an empty house.  I LOVE it!!

Tomorrow I must hit the ground running.  I have my property taxes all ready to drop off at city hall.  I have a fridge to fill.  And I need to go find some annuals (petunias and geraniums) to plant in my disappointing flower beds.  I want flowers dammit and the perennials aren't going to provide much this year.  So I shall put some temporary flowers in and amongst.

Gotta run now.  I am one very happy camper tonight!  TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment