Monday, July 13, 2015

THE CHAIR SAGA CONTINUES

Well, I did succeed, sort of.  I went over there to the store and took my receipts in, ready to do battle.  I found the guy I bought them from, a really good salesman and a likeable guy.  He tried really hard to convince me I had to go through with the sale, even though it was their bad that the chair didn't arrive.  Apparently they ran out of the material I had chosen after the first one was made and had to wait for it.  They have just started the second chair and on the contract I originally signed it said I HAD to buy it once it was started or pay a 25% restocking fee.  250 bucks.  I don't think so.

So I got a little forceful and said that it was their fault and I wasn't prepared to wait another two months blah blah blah.  Plus I found a kitchen dinette set for exactly, to the penny, the same price and said I wanted that, not another chair.  Long story short I got my way...no chair but a dinette set that I have to wait two months for.   Gahhhhh!!!!

Meanwhile, the chair that is here is not quite right.  It dumps you forward and tips over backwards really easily.  When you look at it it doesn't sit right, it tilts too far forward.  So after much looking (by Myles, a perfectionist thank goodness) and checking google images etc...Myles finally found that the whole top (seat up) was put on the base backwards.  It needs to be removed and turned around and reattached.  Geez!!!!  I will have to take it back and have them fix it.  I am NOT looking forward to that I must say.

I took Molly in today for a trim and clean up.  I almost didn't leave her there.  I picked the place because it is literally two minutes from the house. After making the appointment I read the reviews.  And they were BAD!!!  People were not happy with the woman or her place.  But, being a bad dog owner I decided to check it out anyway.  Its so convenient, for me anyway.

Due to certain things I won't go into, I had to be late.  I phoned her, from a place I won't mention, to tell her.  She was pissed off and very short with me.  So hoping she liked dogs better than humans, I hurried and got there only fifteen minutes late...and I don't know what her problem was.  She was in the middle of shearing off a giant unidentifiable dog and obviously not going to be getting to Molly anytime soon.  There were about nine smaller dogs running around the room, snapping and growling at poor Molly.  She panicked so I held her a while. 

 The woman, a large olderish cranky looking person told me to just drop her and leave.  No signing in.  No checking to see if she had her shots.  No taking any info.  Soooo sketchy.  But I dropped her into the melee anyway.  And all you doggie people out there can go ahead and hate me...it's okay.  I figured that if there were that many dogs running around she couldn't be all that bad.

Monte went in at two and picked Molly up.  He had a long wonderful convo with the lady about music.  It cost only 45 bucks.  And Molly is cute as hell, anals cleaned out, toes clipped, ears cleaned...the works! When she got home she ran around like a crazy dog, rubbing her back on the carpet, bashed into furniture and sproinged all over.  Happy happy!!  And we shall be going back to that place..no fuss, no third degree, no oooh awwww, just clipped, cleaned and tossed back.  I'm happy.  Molly's happy.  Works for me!

Right now there is an appliance guy here installing my newish washer and dryer I have dragged with me from North Van.  They are gorgeous and only used about two years.  Way newer than the oldies in here right now.  You have no idea how long it took me to find a guy that would do it.  All the installers will only install stuff you buy from their affiliated store.  I am so happy!  The only drawback is the machines are smarter than me.  And I don't have the manual.    Slowly but surely I am checking off all the zillion things on my to do list.

April and Myles were here for the week end and it was so relaxing and enjoyable.  Ape and I went down to the farmer's market on Sat. morning.  And it was a doozy!  Jeez! we bought so much stuff we couldn't carry anything anymore!  Beets, blueberries, chard, salad greens, flowers, cherries, honey, jam, bread, cheese and on and on.  Thankfully we parked in the PAYED parking which was really close.  That lot was empty!  It was so funny watching the locals drive in circles and circles looking for free parking, finally parking six blocks away cuz they didn't want to pay a buck 25 for parking.  I'm from Vancouver.  A buck 25 is a deal and a half I must say!

Yesterday Myles and Ape and I went to Costco.  Myles drives a truck so I took advantage of the moment and bought an upright freezer plus a ton of meat.  I love it!  No buried food anymore!  You can see it all right there in front of you!!!  Its kind of hard to open but when you shut it it suctions itself shut.  You can hear it.  So cool!

Kathy and Kerry came up for a coffee last night and we all sat out on the deck and watched the sun go down.  Honestly, there is no question in my mind that I am home.  I took a second last night while everyone was visiting to just feel it and know...this is where I am supposed to be.  I've loved the other places I have lived but this is home.  I have finally lost that 'waiting' feeling.  It always felt a little like I was putting in time, not sure for what.  Now I know.  Okay enough of the maudlin' stuff.  I am going to take some pics and put them here.  First up...Molly!  TTYL


MY AWESOME WASHER AND DRYER

MY AWESOME UPRIGHT FREEZER




THE LIVING ROOM



MY STUPID BACKWARDS CHAIR
BEST BREAKFAST IN KAMLOOPS

HOW CAN YOU NOT BUY THIS DELICIOUS GREENERY?

SHE REFUSES TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR


1 comment: