Tuesday, July 14, 2015

HOLY JEEZ!!! SAVE ME FROM THAT WASHER

  As we passed through the laundry room several times today, it became evident that something had died and rotted in there.  It got so bad even Monte noticed.  I finally stopped to investigate.

  Does anyone out there have one of those new fangled, shiny steel, front loading washer/driers?  Well the washer stinks...bad, like rotting flesh.  I mean there was nothing in there, the door was shut and it was warm and wet in there...but to stink like that?  Okay, time to put a wash (without clothes) cycle on and see if that makes a difference.  So....

And  what the hell is up with those washers?  Why can't they just freaking fill with water then rotate around and around and wash the damned clothes!!!!!!!!!!

No!!  It seems not!!!  First it spins to the right one half turn.  Then to the left one half turn.  Then to the right.  Pause.  To the left.  Pause. To the right.  Pause. Pause. Pause.....Squirt...about a cup of water enters the machine, and I can see all this, in utter amazement, through the glass door.  To the right, pause, to the left, pause...several more times.  Squirt...a couple of more cups of water.  WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT??????  I had to walk away.  I was getting those familiar knots in my gut.  Those knots indicate that I want to pick up whatever it is and pitch the freaking thing out the back door.  And I closed the laundry room door so I can't hear it doing that. 

 Oh My God...why can't they just quit when they have something that works just fine.  We will see.  This time tomorrow night there had better be no smell and I am NOT leaving the washer door open to dry it out...there is no room to do that.

And today all my plans to drive the neighbour crazy with Molly barking fell through.  I met her.  I liked her.  Damn!!!

April and Myles discovered a wasps' nest behind the clap boards on that neighbour's house.  They need to know.  So I went over there and knocked on the door.  I was a little distracted by a humungous inflated, like higher than their house huge, kids bouncy thingamajig.  The engine was roaring and blowing air into the contraption.

The kid and its mother answered the door and were extremely friendly.  The kid talked.  And talked.  And talked.  I heard all about how he put that contraption together and changed the blown hoses blah blah blah.  Clearly an indulged only child.

I finally talked louder than him, and his contraption's engine, and informed her of the nest. They have a mega birthday party happening this week end and she freaked out.  Doesn't want kids getting stung, knows that you have to spray WD-40 into the nest, needs a ladder, husband is gone for two weeks at work and ends this whole diatribe with "I NEED A MAN!!!'  Seriously!

Anyway, we got to talking and she is actually really friendly and nice, if a little helpless.  So I shan't be making Molly bark in the bedroom.  I did notice a giant water gun like a canon, that can be aimed somewhat, pointing right at our house.  I better shut those windows its aimed right at!

I did have a lovely little interlude at lunch.  I met Dana at a place near her work and we had a wonderful visit.  I got caught up with all her family news.  And there are some big changes in their lives right now, exciting but hard.  It was good to hear about the kids and their doings.  Both kids are boys, one in uni and one in grade twelve.  Both really smart and super bikers (cycle) and skiers. Next time we meet she is going to bring her mom...which is great, I really like Mary Ellen and look forward to visiting with her.

Anywhoo...I am going to head into the kitchen right now and make subjit.  Potato, carrot and cauliflower.  Our fave.  I shall plug my ears as I pass the laundry room door.   TTYL


2 comments:

  1. Helen, you gotta leave the washer door open to dry it out - it'll always stink if you don't! You have to dry it out between loads

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-to-remove-mold-and-mildew-from-front-load-washing-machines/

    ReplyDelete