Thursday, July 23, 2015

PRETTY AWESOME DAY YESTERDAY

The day started well and ended well!  I woke up so danged early though.  I can't seem to get past five in the morning.  And if I do manage to get back to sleep I have stupid unreasonable dreams.  Mind you, lately, I have been dreaming about Bill.  And I love them, even if I am fighting with him or impatient! Mostly though we are travelling, kinda going through his bucket list a third time.  When I wake up, it always makes me smile.

Another weird thing, lately, when I wake up slowly, you know when you kind of open your eyes briefly then shut them and repeat until you are awake?  Well, lately, when I open my eyes, everything is a shocking lime green.  So much so I keep my eyes open!  In about three to five seconds it fades to normal.  So I shut my eyes and do it again and....bright lime green.  It is the strangest thing!  Its like when you have been sitting in one of those green outhouses for a while and when you come out the world is pink for a wee while.

So...yesterday.  I got up and mobile by 8:30.  I was so close to having the house pretty much clean.  I actually don't have much stuff upstairs here.  Every time I am tempted to go to Winners or something, I just think about how empty my house is and I don't go.  Just now in my bathroom, it came into my conscious brain that I have a medicine cabinet on the wall.  I honestly had not noticed it or thought about it before now!   I open it and of course it is totally empty.  Thats what I like.  Bare empty space.  Less policing necessary!

I got busy and did laundry, dishes, kitchen floor, purple room junk, I got Monte to do garbage/recycling, packing stuff downstairs etc...It's still not pristinely clean but sure better than it was.  Around 11 Kathy phoned.  She was with Ollie and her mother and they wanted to see the house before we had lunch at Cora's. So they came up and had the tour and then we were off to lunch.

Cora's, if you have never been, has an amazing menu and the food is delicious.  But....if you are with someone that has trouble making up their mind what to have, with a normal menu, best not take them to Cora's.  All of us fast deciders still took fifteen minutes to choose.  Their menu is positively daunting.  Pages and pages of the most delicious stuff you ever saw, complete with pictures.  In fact the five of us couldn't help but laugh and laugh as we ploughed threw it.  It took forever to choose!!  And the amount of food they give you is crazy!!!  No way could I eat a whole order!  Kathy and I ended up splitting lox and cream cheese bagel with a ton of fruit and a side of potatoes.  Mmmmm....so good.  And lots of laughter, stories and fun.

It was so nice to come home to a cleanish house with not too many chores to do.  I read...and read....and read.  Monte had gone swimming with Peter and Levi and upon arriving home, with Levi they went downstairs and set up his band room.  You have no idea how loud drums are until you are in the same room with them.  Scares the hell out of Molly, and thats when she is upstairs!

I melted dahl and subjit, heated up naan and fed the boys supper.  Levi ate the meal whilst drinking grapefruit beer...yech!!  Glad someone is drinking it!  Imma sticking with my Corona thanks!

And I ended the day perfectly with an episode of Master Chef, even though I can't stand that broad judge, and then read and read until I fell asleep.  I have six books on the go so there is one for every possible mood I may be in.  I LOVE it!!!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment