Sunday, July 5, 2015

JEEP FIGHT

I do not trust auto dealerships.  Back in '97 I bought an Expedition from Dearborn Ford up here.  I ordered it and it took forever to come.  Finally they phoned and said it was in.  So Cookie and I drove up to get it, but a day earlier than I said I would be coming.

They couldn't find it.  We sat around and twiddled our thumbs (I am not too sure for how long and I don't want to guess...Cookie remembers details like this and I don't want to get into trouble LOL!!) but it seemed like a long time.  Finally they drove it around the building and brought it over.  And...when we went to look at it, there were a bunch of kilometres run up on the odometer and there was golf stuff, balls or something, in the back.

Clearly someone had been using my new vehicle.  This was the first year they made the Expedition and it was kind of an anomaly.  We found out the owner of the dealership had been tooting around in MY vehicle.

So, when I phoned the jeep dealership and they tell me that its going to be weeks and weeks yet, they can't really say how long, how there is a huge demand for jeeps right now, all the hipsters are buying them yada yada yada, my hackles get a little rattled.  I am not totally buying it.  The jeep comes in, someone right there sees it, wants it, and they think I will wait a couple more months so they sell it.

I got mad finally.  I was really nice at first as I drilled him about dates, times, guesses etc..  He actually started stumbling over his words.  So then I asked him when it was reasonable that my deposit would be returnable.  When you make a deposit, which isn't small, it is non refundable if you change your mind, which seems ridiculous if these damned vehicles are so in demand.  He said that the deposit was absolutely NOT refundable. And I said that if they can't perform better than they have been I just may want my money back.  I am not waiting forever for it.

What pissed me off is they were supposed to keep me posted every two weeks about the status and progress of the jeep.  I never heard word one from them.  It took a phone call from me to find out its going to be months.  Grrrrr...I am going to start going in there every now and then to check.

Its so wonderful to be back.  I still have to unpack some boxes, but they are downstairs in the storage room, out of the way.  All the lamps I own and the stuff that goes with them are in the living room and the dining room has a folding table in it with stuff on it.  Today I am going to Steve Jobs my upstairs.  Other than the one lamp I am going to keep in the living room I am going to completely empty it out.  There isn't much in there.  Same with the dining room.  I will keep one table in the kitchen with two camp chairs.  I love the house being empty!

Yesterday we had a surprise thirtieth anniversary for Kathy and Kerry.  They were shocked!  It was put on by her girls and held out at Tobiano where Jocelyn lives.  So I am putting a bunch of pics on here that won't interest many except those that know them and their friends.  When I get finished today in the house, I will take pics and I will take some outside too and post them on the next post.  TTYL  (safari keeps crashing so I will have to post this and come back and see if I can load the pics)


















2 comments:

  1. great pics of the anniversary party! Happy Anniversary to you,Kathy and Kerry!!! Hey Helen, I have an idea regarding the jeep. Find someone who will lend you their children and take them to the dealership. Tell the kids to run around, make noise and get into things. You might have to do repeat visits! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! What a good idea and I know just the kids to take!!!

    ReplyDelete