Monday, July 27, 2015

AND FUN WAS HAD BY ALL

I have just had such a lovely few days!  Busy busy though.

On Friday Kathy came by with my new chair!  She has a van and I asked if she would mind picking it up for me, saves me ninety dollars.  The chair looks fantastic in there!  But now I am going to have to phone the furniture store and tell them they need to take responsibility for fixing my other one.  They will have to send someone over to fix it.

Cookie arrived mid afternoon and it was so exciting to show her my new house.  She had not seen it yet and she loved it...especially the view.  The view from here is pretty spectacular and its fun to weather watch.  The weather here in Kamloops changes so dramatically from minute to minute.  We went to Original Joe's (another first for her) for dinner and sat up late talking.

Monte went around and dropped his resume off at a bunch of places and got a job immediately at Panago, doing basically everything...kitchen, prep, driving etc...He was pretty stoked!  He started there with training on Sat. and now he is getting phone calls from everywhere that he put in a resume...he definitely would have ended up with a job.  This will be so good for him...a great way to start back into the work force.

Once in a while Cookie's cousins all get together for an evening of visiting, eating and having a hell of a lot of fun.  Saturday night was the latest one.  And I was lucky enough to  go along and join in.  God! did we have a good time.  It was held in the back yard, a very beautiful back yard, of one of her cousins.  Everybody brought an appetizer and the food was spectacular.  I had a chance to visit with so many I hadn't seen in so long.  And as the night wore on, and the stack of empty bottles piled up, the fun got crazier and louder!  So much fun!

Yesterday Cookie left for home around noonish.  Last night Kathy and a friend, Sue, and I went to an event called Chefs to Farm, or Farm to Chef, can't remember.  It was held way out past Westsyde at a winery out there.  Many little tents were set up.  Every other one was food (small bites) and wine or beer from various breweries and wineries.  There were 300 people there so it wasn't too crowded and it was so beautiful.

We walked around and ate and drank.  I stuck to iced coffee mostly, just not much of a drinker.  The little food bites were delicious and the people were fun and Kathy knew a lot of them, so I met tons of people and generally had a hoot.

I had to drive home due to two ladies doing a little imbibing!  And on the way to Sue's out in Valleyview we drove towards the most vivid beautiful rainbow.  And on the way back up the hill towards home we drove into a gorgeous sunset.  Best way ever to end a great day.

Now its ridiculously early, the birds are whooping it up just outside my open window, Molly is snoring in the oddest disturbing way and my feet are cold...unheard of in summer in Kamloops.  It has been so cold.  Today I take possession of the dresser that was mailed to me...or rather I ordered.  It comes this afternoon.  So this morning I am going to figure out where it is going and get a path cleared.  And it seems my kitchen is in need of regulating...again.  Never ends!  TTYL
GLAD TO SEE THESE AROUND






THE SUNSET ON THE WAY HOME

ONE CHEF WAS PUTTING OUT ROASTED CARROTS ON A STICK AND YOU COULD PICK DIFFERENT SAUCES TO PUT ON THEM...THIS ONE HAD CHIMICHURRI SAUCE..SO GOOD

SAME CHEF MADE THESE LITTLE CHEESECAKE BITES

STRAWBERRY TOMATO FILLED WITH SCALLOP CEVICHE

I THINK THIS WAS SALMON, TOMATO, KALE AND GARLIC SCAPES


No comments:

Post a Comment