Wednesday, July 29, 2015

GODDAMMITTTT!!!!

There are some things Bill used to do or be like etc...that I am beginning to truly understand.  I wish he was here so I could tell him that 'I get it now'.

Garbage day:  he used to start the weekly battle the night before garbage day.  He would wing things around, curse and swear, yell at us for putting the wrong thing in the wrong place, he would go through April's personal garbage etc...He constantly turned garbage day into a nasty competitive game of "Beat the Garbage Man"

As I mentioned before, I came across the garbage/recycling handout from the city.  There are four hundred rules on that thing, from where to place the wheels at the curb to 'make sure there is six feet between the garbage container and the recycling container'.  AND....from April to November do not put your container out before 4:00 am, due to bears.  Please make sure your container is more than half full, do not cram the garbage down, make sure the lid shuts completely and put the garbage out by 7:00 am.

So if you put your garbage out anytime before or after 4-7 am, you can be horribly fined.  And keep that stinky shit in your closed garage. (so what do people do if they don't have a garage?)

This morning I set my alarm for 6:45 am.  I am always awake way way before that but I forget to take it out.  I was sitting here reading just before the alarm was due to go off and I hear the garbage truck.  I bolted out of my chair, dashed out there to discover he had already gone by!!!  He was down the street finishing off my road!!  I saw another lady down there from my side of the street haul her container over in front of the truck and got him to empty it.  So now I have to have that stinky, and its a bad one this week, crap sitting around my place for a whole nother week!  I think I am going to call the garbage people, give them my address, tell them I am leaving my garbage can down by the curb this week, not in my garage, tell them why and suggest they had BETTER NOT GIVE ME A TICKET.  And from now on the garbage goes out the night before.

Monday afternoon, there was a ring at my door and upon answering I discovered Peter!!!  I was so happy to see him, he is truly one of the nicest guys you could ever know.  Molly went crazy when she saw him.  Clearly she has been starving for some lovin' and attention.  As usual we launched into such interesting conversation.  I fear I talk way too much with Peter..he makes it so easy!

Monte and Levi arrived home around six thirty loaded down with Chinese food.  So we sat around and ate yummy food and talked even more. And then Peter did the dishes!  I made sure Monte took note.  Then they took off to the river for a swim.  In the end though I don't think they actually got into the water...too cold.

I have put myself on a rotating schedule.  I read for an hour, then work for an hour, then read, then work.  If I don't do that, absolutely nothing gets done.  I am slowly but surely purging my storage room.  Now that Monte is working all the time its hard to get rid of the garbage bags of stuff.  First, the night before garbage day, I fill the container to the top with purged stuff, making sure its more than half full, the bastards.  Then I start filling garbage bags.  

But due to two recent moves, and sending off acres of stuff to the dump or where ever, I am down to the nitty gritty difficult things to get rid of.  But you know I don't want the kids to have to clean out all this stuff should I kick off.  And I definitely don't plan to move again, or if I do it will be to a much smaller abode, so, stuff gotta go.

  One whole shelf down there, a big big shelf is Native art.  I hung on to a lot, most of it awesome stuff, because of Bill.  But now its next on my list of gotta go.  That will free up quite the space.  There just always seems to be more boxes of things.  I think they propagate when I am not looking.  At least Monte has his stuff under control.

Well its almost time to start the schedule clock.  9:00 am starts the first work hour!  I have some reading to do before then.  Have a great day Peeps!!  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment