Thursday, July 30, 2015

MURDER OUT MY WINDOW (NOT REALLY BUT....)

I was sitting in my chair here, minding my own business, when a cacophony of bird noise erupted in the tree right beside my open window.  A giant magpie had landed on the tree and two wee yellow finches (Cookie you were right) went crazy!  That black and white bastard was after their babies!  The finches nest right there in that tree.  It was awful!!! 

 My window is too high up for me to go outside and jump and yell at ground level to have any effect.  So I took the screen off my window, grabbed all the shoes nearby on the floor and threw them out the window at the magpie.  It took four shoes!!!  I waited a while and he came back.  This time I threw one of my Timberland boots at him.  He left.  Now I have to go find all my shoes.

I have purchased a sweet synthesizer!!!  Monte just bought one and when I played it I fell in love with the sound.  I used to have one before the fire and I loved it.  Its going to be a couple of weeks before it arrives and I can't wait!!  I had planned on putting a beautiful mirrored console table in the one spot left in the living room.  But not anymore. A messy synth on a stand, complete with bench and cords and speakers is going there.  Now when people come to visit they will have to listen to my latest creations!!  Hahaha!!  Maybe if I feed them too they won't mind so much.

My jeep is on its way finally!  It has been shipped.  The guy said it can get hung up at Anisis Island, waiting for a truck to bring it up.  Probably it will be a month before it gets here.  Thats okay, as long as I know its on its way!

I have put a call in to a piano tuner.  I am going to get the piano tuned for the first time since I moved from the big house!  It sure needs it.  When I googled piano tuners in Kamloops, the two main names that came up were Ferrar and Lance Regan.  I have used both these guys, back in the early 70's! Some things never change.  I have put a call in to Lance Regan...I remember he played for quite a while when he was finished, and it was fantastic.  I had my own private little concert!  Ferrar was good but I didn't like his 'F's'.  They sounded off.  He probably has much better equipment now.

I had a bit of a panicky moment...you know the kind when after you have moved and you have been through everything then you remember something you haven't seen?  Well this morning it suddenly dawned on me I hadn't seen my antique, claw footed piano bench.  Its worth a bundle and I am going to need to get the leg fixed and start using it.  So I went out to the garage, but there isn't really anything out there, including my bench.  It wasn't anywhere that I could see downstairs.  Then I remembered that there is a tiny foyer outside Monte's area and bingo! there it was with boxes stacked on it.  I had Monte bring it up and I am now going to try to find a furniture doctor and get it fixed.  Its so pretty!  One leg has come out of its socket and I know through horrible experience with Bill that you need to leave it to the experts!

Whilst I was letting Molly out this morning, I was leaning on the front door jamb, and I could hear water trickling and rocks sliding.  I walked over to look at my neighbour's yard which, until yesterday, had trenches dug all through it.  I don't know why but they had put everything back, packed it down and replaced all the gravel and plants etc.  You would never have known it had been totally dug up.  But...water, a lot of water, was burbling up in one spot near the house and the gravel was beginning to sink and the water was running into their hole they had dug to allow a basement window to be added.

Now this was about six in the morning.  But it looked bad enough I felt I could wake the neighbour.  So I went over and rang their bell a few times.  Finally a sleepy pyjama clad person came to the door, somewhat annoyed.  I think she is a shift worker and had gone to bed not long before.  I quickly told her what was happening and that woke her up!  A city guy arrived not long after with a water key and shut the water off, but now its shut off here too.  When I phoned the city to let them know they were somewhat perturbed.  There is something screwy with all the water around here. Work is constantly being done in the neighbourhood.  I want my shower but it isn't on yet, and its noon.

My brother is coming up tomorrow.  He phoned last night and was mentioning that Antonia is in the Kootenays and he didn't have plans for this long week end.  So I suggested he come up and spend it with us!  April and Myles are coming up Sat. evening after April gets off work.  And we are all going to the Pow Wow this weekend.  yay!!!!!

Well gotta bounce.  Banking, costcoing, fatlady storing....things to get to!  TTYL





No comments:

Post a Comment