Sunday, July 9, 2017

BURNT MARSHMALLOWS

I woke up this morning slowly, hadn't opened my eyes yet, and smelled burning marshmallows.  Then I realized it was far too acrid, more like the smell of our house a week or two after it burned down.

So I hopped up and looked around.  And Kamloops is under a dense layer of forest fire smoke.  You can't see past the end of our little section of houses.  Its crazy!!  And my eyes are burning...or maybe thats just the power of suggestion.  I turned on the news and it seems the interior of BC is on fire!  All those poor people with their ranches full of horses and cattle, and their house pets..all evacuated.  What a nightmare.

Cookie comes today!!!!  Monte is here and I get to go into my new house today!!!  So much in one day!  Cookie is staying til Tuesday...I cannot wait! She and I have not seen each other in forever!  I am making her favourite dinner tonight.  I cooked a salmon yesterday and deboned and shredded it.  Today I will make salmon patties, the ones she likes...coated with mayo and potato chips. Mmmmm....I will post a picture!

Monte arrived two nights ago.  He is looking good.  He has lost a hundred pounds and his shirts are hanging off of him!  He spent all day yesterday downtown with buddies and at Levi's art installation opening at the art gallery.  Then they came back here to do recording and ....I'm not sure.  I do believe Levi is still here.

And the house inspector is inspecting my townhouse this morning.  I am going to meet him at 11:30.  I have asked Kathy and Kerry to come too.  I have a feeling I already wrote this in the last post.  If so, sorry!  

I made a very comprehensive list of all my furniture and exactly where I am going to put it all in the townhouse.  Now I need to double check that it will all work out.  I am also really looking forward to meeting with Ezzy move tomorrow morning.  I always use Bekins.  I like them.  They are centred out of Kelowna here in the interior.  They sent me a quote..the norm...200 bucks an hour for three men...and they estimate 5-7 hours, plus 100 dollars to store for a night or two.  She didn't think they could load and unload in one day.  All of that is pretty acceptable.  But then, she added on 945 bucks for travel time between Kelowna and Kamloops!  Are you kidding?

So I called local moving companies and, of course, they are all booked up.  Except....Ezzy!  And not only do they move you in one day, but they also have giant totes you can use instead of boxes and they haul garbage!  Oh yeah...stuff that Bekins!!!  Anyway a guy is coming over Sunday morning to take a look at how much stuff I have and give me an estimate.  They have good reviews too.

I have also hired Blair again for next Thursday.  I look forward to seeing him again!  I think I will get his help organizing what will be left in the garage and then have him bring up everything in the cupboards in the hell hole.  I am sure that a lot of it does NOT need to move with me and whats left will need repacking.

Well, I will post this later after I see my place again.  I can't wait!!! 

Well I crawled all over my new place.  Its small.  Which is what I really like.  Its old.  Which I really like.  And its in a much handier location than this house.  I really did like the place a lot.  The house inspector pointed out stuff that needs attending right away.  He was very thorough so tomorrow I must get going early and make some arrangements and calls.  

Cookie is here and we have had a stellar time!  I will report more later.  Right now I am so tired and we are going to bed...and it isn't even ten yet.  She really has reason to be tired though.  She worked like a horse today...I will explain more later.  TTYL
THEY WERE SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment