Monday, July 31, 2017

I WON I WON I WON

I haven't said too much about this battle because normally it would just have run its course over a period of time.  But now there is a time constraint. This HAS to be done before I no longer own it.

It started when I bought my dishwasher and paid a premium price for a warranty. I paid over six hundred bucks for insurance on all three appliances.  

I phoned Geek Squad to get a new glass shelf in the fridge and to get the metal strip that runs down the side of the dishwasher that covers the rubbery seal around the opening, ratcheted down.  The appliance guy was in in two days and replaced the glass shelf.  But...Geek Squad refused the claim on the dishwasher.

When I first got the dishwasher the bottom rack would always get slightly hooked on that metal strip at the bottom.  As time has gone by it has bent out until you can't push the rack in and out.  I kind of left it and just didn't use the dishwasher.  But now it has to be fixed before the new people take possession.   

And you wouldn't believe why they refused the claim.  Apparently you CAN'T ratchet that tiny bent piece of tin down, you HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE INNER DRUM!!!!!!!  Okay who the hell designed that? Stupidest thing ever.

Anyway after a zillion phone calls to both samsung and geek squad over the last three weeks, I got a call about ten minutes ago.  Herb, my fave appliance guy will be here this afternoon to replace the drum!!!!  Yay!!!!  Why does everything have to be such a stupid struggle?

Well I am about two days away from being finally finished packing.  I know that there is always those unexpected things found on moving day.  I will be sure to leave a couple of boxes to toss stuff into.  Now I am beginning to kind of worry about the other end.  The place is small.  It is going to be chock o block full of boxes.  We won't be able to move!

I have the tv running as I type this.  Its on Hoarders.  And I just heard a new term...'clutter blindness'   Seriously!!!  Hahaha!!  The next time someone comes over and my house is a giant mess, I am just going to tell them, "I am sorry, I suffer from clutter blindness!"  Next just watch.  They will be advertising a new drug that helps deal with clutter blindness.

  "Do you suffer from 
disorganization?  Is your house so cluttered you can't walk through it anymore?  Do you have trouble finding anything?  Is it getting more and more difficult to kill those cockroaches or mice?  Are you having trouble finding your dead cats in the mess?  Well we have a cure for you!!!!  Its called 'Crapbegone'!  One Crapbegone a day you will see the horrendous mess in front of you!!!  You will find your dead cats.  You will be able to step over your crap safely........."   

Well I must have taken a Crapbegone in the night. I had a good look in my bathroom this morning and it is sorely in need of some heavy duty work.  Sigh.  The packing part is easy.  Its the cleaning I hate.  When I bend over my reflux kicks in, but if I get down on my knees I can't get back up.  But I am too scared to call Alice.  Such a conundrum!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment