Saturday, July 29, 2017

FEELING ODD

It is an odd feeling to have touched every single item in your house within a relatively short space of time.  I mean there must be five thousand items in this house and I have handled every one of them.  My brain is now mush.  Every room is packed but when you look there are still odds and ends and bits and pieces.  Now the boxes I am packing are a mixup that defies labelling.  I was just thinking about the last box I packed a few minutes ago.

I made a large box.  I dragged it into the middle catchall room that is holding packed and labelled boxes.  In that closet was a load of hanging clothes.  So I folded them over, still on the hanger and dropped them into the box first.  On the shelf were tapestries we had bought in Glastonbury...so I put them in next.  I dragged the box into my Purple Room and filled it to the top with a big sewing kit, a large pencil box that used to be a Crabtree and Evelyn gift box, a gasper bag full of gasper stuff and a plastic container absolutely full of cables and cords.  I tucked towels around the gaps to secure.  So how the hell do you label that...and what room would you put all that crap in?  And I have at least ten of those type of boxes.

I think the two things that are my biggest hurdles are my lack of strength (I used to be a Hercules) and my lack of sleep.  I simply cannot hurl boxes around like I used to.  I can't even drag the heavy ones!

  And my Monte man has trouble at night, anxiety, bad.  He phones me and we talk for about two to three hours until he is better.  I have no problem doing this and am quite happy to.  But I find that I am having to cat nap through the day.  I can't seem to survive on four hours of sleep anymore!  After I move it won't matter...napping is a lovely pastime!

And another irritant is hunger.  My kitchen is completely packed, except for the coffee pot, grinder, bag of beans and a couple mugs.  Thats it. Oh and one frying pan.  I have eaten all those reject cans of herring in tomato sauce, packets of noodle soup, stale old crackers, partly empty chips etc...  I have been pulling frozen stuff out of the freezer and melting it and eating that.  Salmon, pork steaks, veggie burgers, peas, wraps with nothing in them.  I need a meal.  I could go out but I don't feel like changing out of my pyjamas.  Whine!

Well, I best get back at it.  I went downstairs, which is pretty much all packed.  I checked out the boys bathroom and it was still pretty decent.  Then I looked in the cupboard under the vanity.  Ach fer geez!  It was full to the top with old towels, garbage, shampoos, soaps, wall racks blah blah blah!  In a fit of temper I threw it all over the bathroom.  So I now must go down with a garbage bag and throw it all out.  No one has looked at that shit for two and a half years, so why keep it?  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment