Tuesday, July 4, 2017

SIGNED SEALED AND DELIVERED

It has been a loooong time since I posted!  And a lot has happened!

I launched out immediately after the house received a viable offer and looked at a load of townhouses, now with being able to offer in mind. I can't remember if I mentioned that I was relieved when that lovely new house offer fell through.  In the end I had to admit I just am not a polished marble type.  I like old comfy shoe places....and that is what I have bought.

I have bought enough places in my time to know that when the right place shows up, you know it immediately.  And that is exactly what happened.

One morning I arranged to see this place after viewing two others.  As usual the others looked fantastic on paper, and were even not bad tangibly, but they didn't have that 'homey, this is mine' feel.  To live in one of them would have been fine, but somewhat forced.

But when I walked into this one, bam!, I knew immediately that this was the one!  I loved it instantly.  And its old and somewhat ratty and surely not perfect, but it sure suits me!

Its old, so old that the real estate description is OT...old timer.  Built in the seventies, it has had upgrades as most the really old ones have had.  There are three levels.  Three bedrooms and and big bathroom on the top level.  Kitchen, dining, powder room and kitchen nook on the main floor.  That nook is six by eight, exactly big enough for me to put a comfy chair, tv and record player!!!!!  I am ecstatic about that I have to say!  None of the others had that bonus!  And the ground level basement has a massive recroom, huge bathroom and laundry/freezer space.  Each floor has a balcony or patio.  What more could I want?  1600 sq. feet!

Monte has a dear friend with a driver's license.  And when I say dear friend that doesn't even begin to describe him.  Peter has been a magical person in our lives from the day we met him.  He lives in Victoria now and welcomes Monte into his home where he lives with an equally amazing, according to Monte, sister.  Monte is a difficult houseguest yet they seem to have endless compassion and patience with him.  They are coming up by bus, renting a U-Haul, and driving back to the Island with Monte's stuff.  Who does that?  Only a hero.  And he just wants Chinese dinner as payment.  Well I am paying him with real cash, whether he says or not!  He is taking time off work to do this.
That is happening on the ninth.  So everything is falling into place.

I did pay too much for the place.  Its probably worth around 270,000, I offered 285,000 but to get my fast matching with my house sell possession date, I ended up having to pay 291,000.  But at least I don't have to store my stuff, I can move right in.  And 291,000 is a hell of a lot better than 360,000, which the new house one would have been.  Now I just have to wait until tomorrow for the subjects to be removed on the sale of this house.  So it could all fall through yet...holding my breath for one more day!

Another event happened since last post.  Kathy, Kerry, Jo and family, Emily, Jen & Jeremy (Stan's daughter)and two boys, Stan, April and Myles, Aryn and Bradley, Kevin and Tandy and kids and myself all went camping at Clearwater Lake!  Thanks to Aryn coming up with the idea and getting on it and Kathy following up so quickly we all ended up with a tight cluster of campsites close to each other.  And did we ever have a hoot! 

It was Kevin's birthday so it was extra special.  I made him, at his request, potato salad, banana trifle and rice Krispee squares.  And we made all that at the campsite.  The rice K squares I made over the fire in a one of those tinfoil roasting tins.  Worked out perfectly!

We had so much fun.  I laughed til I almost puked.  There was a lot of sitting around different campsites talking, drinking, eating, drinking, game playing, drinking.......!  One of the days we trekked down to the lake and most of them went swimming in that icy cold lake!  They floated about on floaties and threw dogs into the lake.  So much fun.

On the last evening very late after the kids went to bed, Jeremy and Jen brought out two large unicorn rubber mask heads.  Oh My God, I almost died laughing!  The masks completely covered your head and the unicorn had such a dead look on its face.  We took turns wearing them and honestly there are no words that can describe what took place when those masks came out.  I have pics but it just doesn't do it justice.  I haven't laughed like that in a very very long time.

Ring toss, beer pong, pass along story telling,   what more could one want.  And of course a baby!!  And that baby doesn't care who is holding him.  So we all took our turn holding a five month old warm and fuzzy baby.  It just brings the best out of you. 

 Now the three little boys that were there were another story.  Two nine yr olds and a seven, with bikes, and a sick fascination with fire, farting, burping and being as loud as possible.  At one point they were at a fire in one of the other camps.  A certain parent went to check on them and they were taking unopened cold beer in cans out of the cooler, opening them and pouring them in the fire.  Hahaha!!!  Cold beer....that got the adult's attention!  So funny.

Elise, my 6 yr old granddaughter, mentioned right near the beginning that as she was biking about she saw something she wanted to show me.  There just didn't seem to be a right time until the last day.  So I asked her if it was very far and she said "No silly!"  So off we went.  Well off she went, speeding down the camp road, around a corner and out of sight.  So I trudged along and eventually came to the main road.  She was way down the road.  So I trudged along some more and once again she had disappeared.  Finally we came to a bridge.  She had stopped there to wait for me. 

Now on a bike that probably doesn't seem far, but to an old fat sedentary Gma....it was way past my obligatory fifty steps a day!  She wanted to go further but I actually didn't have time.  We were packing up to go.  So I told her that was as far as I could go but I was so happy she had brought me there to that creek.  I hauled out my phone and took pictures and talked away to her.  When I turned around she was long gone and I was talking to myself.  I didn't see her again until we were leaving!  So much for the lovely shared walk with my granddaughter I had envisioned!  Hahaha!!! I checked my phone step counter and it was almost two kilometres there and back!  Now I need to do that every day!

This is getting long.  I will post pics on the next post.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment