Thursday, February 22, 2018

DOWN THOSE STAIRS

So in those famous words of Dame Edna, Its time to GO DOWN THOSE STAIRS!  Or up.  She/he was so funny.  A lot of you won't know who that Aussie comedian is, or was, but you should youtube one of her episodes.  Soooo funny!  And my take away from the show was how somewhere along the way in her show, as she is crawling through some unsuspecting audience member's house, she says those famous words.  And so the film crew does and then paws through the poor woman's underwear drawer, shows unflushed toilets etc...

I have been downstairs briefly after the boys left for Montreal, and its clean and lovely, thank you Anton!.  But I have lots of things down there that I haven't even looked at since I moved in here.  I also have to do some laundry.  I have only done laundry here once since I moved in last August.  I have done laundry in several other places but not here.  

The boys left Tuesday morning.  We had to get up at quarter to five am.  But they didn't get to bed til about two, wandering around.  Actually I am pretty sure Graeme didn't even sleep at all that night.

About three in the morning I got a call from Pat in Port Alberni that Monte left his friend's house the night before in his van to go home.  Its only a couple of blocks.  And he never made it.  The van doesn't have that much gas in it.  It was way below zero and when he left he didn't have a coat.

So Pat pushed the panic button, as did I.  We perceive Monte as at risk due to lots of things.  He could be reading this and I don't want to piss him off more than he already is with me.  And if I actually was guilty of all the things he has accused me of and truly believes, I don't blame him for being pissed off with me.

So by the time I talked to Pat he had called the police...another thing that royally pissed Monte off.  But we were worried (and that is putting it mildly).  This caused an instant PTSD response in me.  This is exactly what happened with Monte five years ago.  He disappeared.  And by the time he was found, laying beside the freeway in the sleeting snow, I had come to the awful conclusion he was dead.

So for the second time I went through the death of my son process.  I can't even begin to tell you how extremely emotionally awful that is.  It just leaves your body sick.  My poor little man.  And even though I tried to control my thoughts, I couldn't.  And this goes beyond any shovel list.  All I could do was ask Bill, over and over, to go be with him.  For some reason Monte has felt very close to Bill in the last months.  

Around mid morning he casually strolled into his home, all chipper and happy.  By then Pat and a friend were out driving around looking for him.  He told Ange that he decided, on a whim, to drive to Tofino.  About halfway there he ran out of gas.  So he parked the van on the side of the road, got out and hitchhiked home.  So now I know.  He is way more capable than I have given him credit for.  Next time I don't even want to know he is gone til three days go by.

In the meantime what IS at risk is his van.  So its been there for one whole day and one whole night.  His van is full of his precious stuff...like his number one busking piano.  Today at noon a friend of Pat's and Pat are going to drive Monte to the van.  I hope he remembers his keys and gas.  And I hope there is a van there for him to retrieve. Life with Monte!  At least he is happy.  Happier than he was a few months ago.

I just want to mention one thing here.  A friend of Monte's, Jayla, put a picture of him and description on a Port Alberni site.  And I guess it was still up for a couple of days.  Yesterday I got a text message  from a cashier at Walmart.  She  said that Monte was a customer of hers and he had been in the store at noon (he got paid yesterday).  She told me that he was a really nice person and a special soul.  She will never know how much that meant to me.  Someone from Bamfield called me to say he was heading into Port that day and he would watch out for him along the way.  People are amazing.

Yesterday I took Wrangler to the vet at the end of our complex.  Yes, I drove, as I intended to continue on to Safeway.  But halfway through the visit I just started feeling sicky sick again and just went home.  I will just eat the crap in my house, I can't smell or taste anyway.  Poor Wrangler.  He was so nervous and clingy.  He even snapped at the vet!. So they took him in the back, strung him up and clipped his nails and gave him shots. 

Rant time:  Vets.  While I was in the vet there was a cute young first nations girl in there.  She had brought in her pet old old cat.  He had a little bump on his backside.  The vet had come out to the waiting room.  She was holding her cat, who appeared to be asleep.  He felt the bump and squeezed it and popped it.

So he said he needed to take the cat back, sedate (not put right out) it a bit and clean it and give it one stitch.  Didn't take long.  Three hundred bucks!!!!  Three hundred!!  She almost died.  If he hadn't touched the damned thing it would have been fine.

My rant is this....its no wonder so many animals get put down or don't get proper care.  Atlas has shown me that it just doesn't have to be that expensive.  I know other vets hate Atlas and actually made accusations against them.  Atlas took them to court and won.  Us patients love them.  And they don't charge an arm and a leg.  More animals would get better care if the cost was reasonable.  End of rant.

So get this, He got three shots and his nails clipped, took all of ten minutes.  183 bucks!!!!  Jeez!  I need to be in the lower mainland so I can take him to Atlas.  They used to clip Homer's nails, and he was a very uncooperative beast, for free!

So today Telus guy comes.  After talking to the manager that day I have decided I am not going to go back to shaw like he suggested.  I am simply going to continue to phone everytime there is a problem and they can spend the dime sending someone out.  The manager had the audacity to tell me that if I go to Shaw he would let me out of their contract at no cost to me!!!

Well Holy Hell!!!  I told him that I wouldn't pay them a dime even if they wanted me to.  I upheld my end of that contract...they are the ones that have broken it.  They owe me freaking money thank you very much.  My brother suggested a fix that they had to do at his house...with Telus too.  So today I am going to make that suggestion and see if they will do it.  I shall report back later.

Well I am hungry.  I am going to go through my overloaded cupboards and see what gross thing I should eat, just to get rid of it.  Can't taste or smell so might as well take advantage.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment