Tuesday, June 23, 2020

HMMM...LET'S SEE

I am feeling very uninspired today.  I have a bad feeling this post is going to be either super short or long and boringly rambly.  NOTHING. EVER. HAPPENS.  So what does one write about when nothing ever happens?

Let's see.  Monte and I went out and bought a real bbq.  That little one just wasn't cutting it.  So we got ourselves a real beaut.  But putting it together was another thing.  Holy Crap!!!  It took the three of them a full three hours or more.  There must be some way they can make it easier to build!  But it is a really amazing cookin' machine!

The very first thing we cooked was a tin foil pack of potatoes, onions and carrots and a whack of pork chops.  Delicious and so easy.  Last night we did hamburgers.  For me I had portobellos, a recipe Arnie sent me.  It was amazing!  I pretty much don't eat meat anymore.

The other implement we have newly used is the deep fat fryer.  No dry fry here thank you very much.  It is one fantastic machine!  First we made falafels, which fell apart and I ended up pan frying them.  Last nite we did a couple bags of Cavendish fries.  Truly amazing!  Beats the heck out of the oven!

Another implement we have been using is the fire bowl.  Its rather magical how having a fire, even a fake fire bowl fire, can effect a group.  Those boys are all in bed (except Graeme) by nine, sometimes earlier.  Well when they have the fire lit out on the deck, they sit around it, roast the occasional smokie, sip mint juleps and talk and talk...til after 11!!!  That thing is one of the best things I ever bought.

I also bought a printer....for pictures.  I was in Staples looking for a mondo massive gigabyte thumb drive to put my 100,000 pics on.  Got talking to the guy there and told him why I wasn't going the external hard drive route.  He said to def use the thumb drive but to print off my fave pics and albumize them.  Other than a house fire, that's the best way to preserve them.  And your house never burns down does it?  Hahaha!!!!  (shovel list).  After our house burnt down in 2003, the few albums I had done up were fused together so badly they had to be chucked out.

So I figure it will take a year to do it all.  I will set it all up and just work away at it.  The boxes of photo paper I will be buying holds fifty right size sheets.  So I will work on a box at a time and do a lot of deleting.  When I am done I will put them on the thumb drive as well.  For now both the laptops are backed up by Backblaze...best online backup ever.

I shall go through some pics and choose a few now.  Take care and stay safe peeps.  TTYL

GOOFING OFF

DINNER TIME

CURRIED CHICKEN, SUBJIT AND HOME MADE NAN

OUR NEWEST ADDITION


THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS

THE FOUR FALAFELS THAT SURVIVED

MY FAVE DOOR IN PORT

THIS IS ONE OF MY DAILY PICS.  WE HARDLY STOPPED ON THE ROAD AND AS I SNAPPED THE PIC SOMEONE YELLED.."HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?".  WE GOT THE HECKADOODLE OUT OF THERE PRONTO!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment