Tuesday, June 9, 2020

I AM OLDER THAN I THOUGHT

I was watching a show with Kurt Russell and he mentioned that he was ten in 1962.  I looked him up and they said he was born in 61 and he was 69.  What?  I am born in 52 and I thought, and have thought for a long time that I was 67.  I am NOT 67.  I am 68!  There was a time in my life I just wouldn't care but now, if 80 is a reasonable time to live, I just shaved off one whole year from the 13 I thought I safely had left.  I only have 12!  Jeez!!!  I mean I have pretty much done everything I wanted doing.  My bucket list is pretty complete and I am very comfortable with what I believe happens when you cross that rainbow bridge.  But but but.....Just maybe I am not quite ready to face wandering off that mortal coil just yet.  68!  Jeez Louise....

The boys, all three of them, are off to Tofino and Uky today.  They have called a couple of times and they seem to be having a good time.  I asked them to pick up driftwood for me but apparently all the pieces were too big.  I shall have to go myself and find an appropriate beach and get wood.  I would have gone but.....too many boys in the truck for me to be comfortable with umpteen sugar cane runs into the bush.  And public loos aren't open yet. So home I stayed.  I would have loved to go and take my trusty dusty old camera that I have to smack around to make work.  

The fire bowl finally arrived today!!!  Now, if it stops raining, hailing, thundering and blowing long enough we shall go hot dogging.  I am excited.  I can't wait.  Monte and I found a couple more fantastic places to hot dog roast.  I am going to buy one rib eye steak and cut strips to roast and maybe add a couple chunks of onion too.  And good old reliable Lowry's seasoned salt.  When Bill and I used to go out in the boat and caught little salmon I would immediately fry it up in the beat up old frying pan in butter and Lowry's.  Mmmmm....

I'm just watching the news...and I see the Tennant's association is asking the Premier to extend the ban on evictions and mandatory paying of rent.  Unbelievable!  What are landlords supposed to do?  They have expenses, mortgages and costs to cover and rent is what covers that.  I am sure glad I am not a landlord.  I think I have said that a hundred times.

  The association also wants to make it law that landlords must allow animals.  Keep it up and there won't BE any landlords anymore other than apartment buildings.  No basement suites.  And then lets hear the whining from the tenants that won't be able to find a place to rent.  Stupid people.  And unlike mortgages, where they must pay at the end of the pandemic, you know for a fact that a load of renters will simply duck out of paying rent...nothing to lose.  When I was a mortgage broker I sure learned that one. 

Well its that time of the quarterly again.  Lab time.  It seems to come around awfully fast.  I have one week of pills left so I am going to have to get my butt in there and get all my stuff checked.  I wish I was skinny and fit.  Its not on my bucket list but maybe it should be.  I have ordered a couple of trekking poles.  When Kathy lent me hers it def made a difference.  I could go further and stopping and leaning on them for a minute was the equivalent to sitting for a bit.  I look forward to trying them out.

Well its time to get to the next task I set out for myself today.  It looks like I won't be making dinner but I will get my clothes all done.  Thats been a big job thats taken me waaaaay tooooo long to complete.  Today's the day!  Stay healthy TTYL

Okay before people correct me, Cookie, I have been corrected by Monte about my age.  I AM 67!!!!!!  I am not 68 until this coming October! I knew I wasn't crazy!!!...just stupid.

THERE IT IS....AND IT FINALLY CAME!!!!!

MONTE AND I HAVE DECIDED TO GET A PIC A DAY.  I WILL POST THEM HERE....NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY ARE.....YOU LUCKY PEOPLE!!
 


2 comments: