Sunday, June 14, 2020

WASTED OPORTUNITY

I was laying in bed this morning and thinking how over a hundred days has gone by being stuck in the house etc....  I love hundred day challenges.  I did that poem a day one once and I tried to throw something out everyday for a hundred days (not sure if I totally completed that one).  I like the idea of a finite daily challenge.  And if I had been on the ball, I would have picked something back the beginning of March and done one.  But I didn't.  So I continued on to think about what I could have accomplished in the last three and a half months had I been more aware that a hundred days was going to present itself so neatly.

First thing that popped into my mind was a diary.  I could have written a dedicated diary of daily events....then, stupid me, I remembered this blog.  I AM writing a sort of diary...no need for two.

Then I thought of practising on the piano.  I only do that when I am alone in the house of course.  And then I remembered that I have practised when I was alone in the house....all two times that happened.

Then I thought I could've been like that old ancient British man  in the news that walked around his driveway a million times for charity.  (keep in mind though the damned British walk EVERYWHERE...even across the whole dam country just for fun, so no surprise or hardship there).  I could /should have marked my steps daily and seen how many I got at the hundred day mark.  I was going to walk everyday.  I got a fit bit to help motivate.  It didn't.  I got new great shoes to help motivate.  It didn't.  I got lovely new trekking poles.  It hasn't.  I got a telescoping stool that fits in a back pack for emergency sit downs.  That didn't.  In fact I am going to add a (shovel list) here.

I was going to make great lovely dinners for the boys...every night.  At first I did do a fair amount of dinner making but slowly over the three months I lost my cooking mojo somewhere along the way.  Now I realize  I need to gitter done in the morning and reheat or finish it at supper time.  By four in the afternoon my brain and body have become covidized.  I can't think, I don't want to move, I am not even interested in creating something out of what I have, I am watching Judge Judy, etc.....The other night I cut up a cabbage and fried it in the wok with butter and dill and cut up a couple of lumberjack type sandwiches...for dinner.  That was it.  Egads.

I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING. And the scariest part of all?  I don't even care!!!  Hahaha!!!
Stay safe people....TTYL


AALL THE POLES FROM PORT TO BAMFIELD ARE NUMBERED...HERE IS NUMBER ZERO....WELL REMEMBERED BY ALL OF US BAMFIELD GOERS.  EVENTUALLY WHEN I GET TO BAMFIELD I WILL TAKE A PIC OF THE LAST ONE.



WE WENT UP TO MY FAVE GRAVEYARD.  I WAS LOOKING FOR AN INTERESTING GRAVE FOR MY DAILY PIC.  I FOUND THIS ONE.  NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY. PUT ME IN TEARS THOUGH.



HIS BELOVED TOYS




THAT RED IS A SPIDERMAN







No comments:

Post a Comment